Leinster fans on this board :smt023:

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Re: Leinster fans on this board :smt023:

Post by mightymouse »

I have to say That all the fans of all the clubs we met were great in true rugby tradition - The munster lads all said they were suppoting us but I think it's all in jest. The leinster guys were great and very gracious in victory - they supported their team and made it a home fixture to them and good luck to them for that and well done ( we did the same in paris in 2000)

The only people we had problems with were that tartan rug brigade tiger bores behind us who refuse to let anyone else get up shout enjoy themselves or support their team (mrs Mouse has posted at length about this elsewhere so I shan't annoy my self any more by going on about it here)

One final thing - we met one very special Leinster fan outside the cafe royal ( the best pub in the world!)- a certain Mr. Jennings (Shane's Dad) - I have to say he was a thouroghly nice man and a top bloke - we shook him firmly by the hand and told him what a legend his boy was and he in turn said what a great time he had always had when he had come to Leicester. He finished with this jest - he had texted some Munster lads he knew saying "when is the parker pen final starting"

That's rugby for you - everyone lashed and generally getting on great (odd exception rare) - contrast that with the Euro footie final - alcohol ban and probably a few stabbings before the night is out!
ashfieldtiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by ashfieldtiger »

we got back yesterday afternoon, i have to say what a belting weekend it was, we arrived friday late afternoon and walked straight into a sea of leinster fans in the grassmarket, we had a walk around the town and i ended up doing the riverdance with a very attractive munster girl who i would marry here and now. saturday again went throught the town and every pub we went in towards murrayfield we gotta into good banter with all clubs supporters and we met some really great guys who were wasps fans. sunday was more quiet with a look around edinburgh (non pubs wise) and met up with bj for the photo, (if you have seen it, im the the with his hand on my head).

what i have to say is that everyone we met was brilliant and a credit to the sport of rugby union, my congratulations to leinster and a huge thank you to all the irish we met
Banburytigers
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Banburytigers »

The Leinster fans we met in the city and around the ground were top notch.

However in the stadium we had the misfortune two sit next to the only bad apple amongst them. In the first half he was being extremely racist toward the Welsh Ref, my sister in law who was sat next to him, at half time pointed out that she was part Welsh and she did not appreciate is language and refs are there to make decisions you have to abide by their decisions. With that he decided to occupy an empty seat two rows in front of me to sit with someone he obviously knew.

When the second half coming to its thrilling climax he then decided with his new found mate to stand up. He was met with the usual chorus of sit down from the 10 or so rows behind us, he decided to remain standing at which point I tapped him on the shoulder and said could he sit, my hand was thrust back and the response was "F### ##f"! At which point I used my 6ft 2 frame forcibly push him back down at the same time advising him that I don't appreciate being spoken to in that manner, people then had to step in between us.

Bearing in mind this so called fan was in his late forties early fifties I was amazed at is attitude and in particular his immaturity, after Cullen lifted the trophy he found it highly amusing to stick his middle finger up to me as I was leaving the stadium.

So all in all my day was ruined by one disrespectful Moran, hopefully this gentleman is a one off. I clearly want to say with this post that I don't want to tarnish the other 30 odd thousand Leinster fans who clearly passionately follow their club with good humor and banter, who definitely clearly had more respect for other fans watching the game than this individual.
ashbash

Post by ashbash »

Must say as i've said on another thread that every single Leinster fan i met was a credit to their team. Great fun, friendly, lots of banter and all in a good laugh. Ended up partying with them until the wee hours of the morning after being bought drink after drink, they just wouldn't let me go home.

Had lots of friendly banter from a group of Munster fans as well thanks to me wearing my Neil Back shirt and 2002 HC Final scarf, 2 lads even sang me a song about cheating, all in good spirit though.

Would welcome them back any time and i've been invited over there to see some hurling so all in all a great experience for me. I'm a big fan of the Irish and safe to say the weekend lived up to my expectations (apart from losing of course)
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

future international wrote:As a Leinster fan there is no way another fan can complain about not being able to get tickets for the final

They were on general sale to anyone in the branch offices in the week leading up to the game, could have walked in and bought 10 if you wanted to

I couldn't even give away two tickets in Edinburgh on the day despite saying to everyone i saw in arugby jersey i know others who were trying to do the same

If you were a real fan you would have found tickets

Hey there future international 4 posts dude! I did have a ticket - but I couldn't afford a flight - nor get a place to stay. However, I have five friends who COULD NOT get tickets if their lives depended on it - but all the toss pots managed to - just to be there and be seen :smt011

As for being a real fan - don't even go there you cheeky buggar now go back to your Leinster forum! :smt044 heavens above! :smt012
Leinster Heineken Cup champions 2009
Ireland Grand Slam champions 2009

http://sites.google.com/site/ritamarielawlor/
future international

Post by future international »

how could they not get tickets if they were on a general sale in donnybrook for days and didn't sell out
They must not have been trying very hard eh
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

future international wrote:how could they not get tickets if they were on a general sale in donnybrook for days and didn't sell out
They must not have been trying very hard eh
The games been and gone, why squabble now?? :smt017
You won, we lost. Irish rugbys year 2009.

Talk about this on another thread. :smt015 :smt015 :smt015 :smt015
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Let's just agree the majority of Leinster fans were pretty good folk, and those who have posted here are welcome to continue posting.

However, if this thread also descends into bickering about who is a bigger/better fan or accusations and unpleasant comments directed at either side, then it will be removed.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
seaweed
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by seaweed »

We are BIGGER.

I have proof.

The rickshaws outside Murrayfield are licensed to carry three. One look at the three of us and he was off like Usain Bolt.

Now number for weightwatchers !
To quote Ray Gravell - You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.

Owain Glyndŵr now he was a man of vision.
Sparta

Post by Sparta »

eljonesy wrote:Just thought Id say a big thanks to all Tigers fans who were in Edinburgh at the weekend.
Your behaviour , friendliness + graciousness in defeat ( like staying on after the final whistle ) was really cool and a credit to your club. Proper rugby supporters who understand tradition.
It was a pleasure to talk to Tigers supporters especially the ones beside us in Mortonhall caravan park. Great fun and interesting discussions were had.
:smt038 . One of which drunken or just through kindness left a Leicester flag in our wind-screen wiper.
Hope we meet again next season. Thanks again from sleepy yet incredibly happy Leinster fan!
I think I may have been one fo the group camping behind you. Were you one of the 3 Leinster lads who went and got a chinese on the Friday night and came and shared it with a group of us?

We were the very disappointed Tigers fans behind you who definitely didn't attach anything to your car on the Saturday night! :smt018

It was great to meet you anyway. Glad you enjoyed the weekend. I thought the atmosphere at the campsite was fantastic.
eljonesy

Post by eljonesy »

:smt026 Spartaaaaa brilliant. Mortonhall yes , top corner!

Yeah me , my bro and the auld fella with the car flag out of our peugot
Seriously though thanks you were class and brilliant fun. We meet you on the street again in Edinburgh. We were in that original group of 3 in the corner, friday evening with the guys with elsoms revenge and leinster written all over their ( mothers ) car :smt042

Sorry which one are you cant remember any of the names.
I thought that was kind, your a top bunch. I have it hanging in my room

P.s thanks for the carrots I was starving.

To all LEICESTER FANS the amount of leinster fans coming on here and praising you just shows how great you were. True rugby fans in every sense. :smt038