Jordan Crane's gesture's

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tim15

Jordan Crane's gesture's

Post by tim15 »

Ok, i've scanned the other topics, can some please tell me what Jordan's gesture means, he's done it twice at the semi final after the kick and after his try last weekend, can't think what it signifies and wondered if anyone else knew :smt017

P.S hoping he does it again this weekend (TWICE!) :smt040
And on the 7th day, god rested, he stood patiently and awaited the green light to start the game from SKY!
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Jordan Crane's gesture's

Post by bluntiger »

It looks like he is yawning as if to say 'that was easy, boring!'

Either that or it is a American Native Indian war cry?
Always a Tiger
gazz_13

Post by gazz_13 »

I think that he is trying to have a signiture celebration like Gareth Thomas etc.

Dont think it is a great celebration. Dont think it is a Indian war cry, I would guess that he is doing it going :smt015 this is easy..

If some one see's him at the game tomorrow or something - Ask him and let us know!
COME ON TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Not sure I saw that? He's a big personality it seams!!
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

jgriffin wrote:Personally after doing it this weekend, I would be glad if he never did it again. Too much the thin end of the wendyball celebration rubbish for me.
I dont see the problem with celebrating or having a "signature" celebration so long as it does not offend anyone - which i dont think it does. You see different celebrations crop up from season to season - the saxons last year held their hands above their heads and made a triangle, and Tigers last season made the "X" symbols for the "eXtreme attack" moves they'd been practicing - don't think it really adds or takes away from the game.
champanzie
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by champanzie »

How is the celebration got anything to do with football?
Jordan was happy he got the kick and his try so why is he not allowed to celebrate?

Times have moved on from the olden days and rugby is becoming a of a spectator sport, things are going to change.

I would actually prefer tigers fans were more like football fans, they are passionate about there team, the amount of times i have been to the tigers game and most of the people around me just sit there and not make a noise all game.

Im happy jordan celebrates and i just guess it has come from something at a training session.
Come on you tigers!
PAW

Post by PAW »

jgriffin wrote:Personally after doing it this weekend, I would be glad if he never did it again. Too much the thin end of the wendyball celebration rubbish for me.
I agree, next they will be running towards the photoraphers, kissing the badge and negotiating lucuratice contracts through the press. God forbid our sport takes the roundball route
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

PAW wrote:next they will be running towards the photoraphers, kissing the badge ...
I think it should be legal to shoot any wendyballer who kisses the badge a la Drogba, Lampard etc.
Always a Tiger
tac106

Post by tac106 »

When asked after the Cardiff game he said it was to do with his nephew who, when trying to say goodbye or something similar, made a sound resemlbing that of an American-Indian call.
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

champanzie wrote:How is the celebration got anything to do with football?
Jordan was happy he got the kick and his try so why is he not allowed to celebrate?

Times have moved on from the olden days and rugby is becoming a of a spectator sport, things are going to change.

I would actually prefer tigers fans were more like football fans, they are passionate about there team, the amount of times i have been to the tigers game and most of the people around me just sit there and not make a noise all game.

Im happy jordan celebrates and i just guess it has come from something at a training session.
you support how you want and please do not question my passion for the team just because i don't jump around and scream and shout...... even if i was at football i don't suppose i would i'm not that type of person.... i expect people even at football some of them don't make a noise...... and why does screaming and shouting indicate passion ...... we ARE all different and do things show emotions in different ways.... :smt013
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
Tyler
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tyler »

tac106 wrote:When asked after the Cardiff game he said it was to do with his nephew who, when trying to say goodbye or something similar, made a sound resemlbing that of an American-Indian call.
Concurr with you there kidda, he told me at the players dinner it was for his brother's(I think) children and he has to do it everytime he scores! :smt041 :supz: Let's hope we see plenty of his personal celebrations on saturday! :prayer:
The maul is back! JUSTICE !
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I took it as a Native American war cry call sign. Doesn't matter to me if a player has a sort of personal celebration after a try or something, as long as they get the try/score I don't care if they do the macarena!

Didn't they also have celebration signs after tries when Leon was here? I think I remember reading that Geordan, Lewis, Leon and Goodey would go to the cinema the night before the game, and their try celebration had to be linked to whatever film they'd seen.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
TigrisLeicesteris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigrisLeicesteris »

It's a players way to engage the crowd and show his passion, IMO.

On another note, how are the Myrtle Greens doing Tyler? I'm a Lichfield lad in part(Mothers lives there, as I did I, went to Friary School, until parents divorced), living just down the road from the Rugby Club, and I try to keep up with them as much as possible
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Voltaire

"Morné Steyn is awaited in Paris like the Messiah or a new generation of Apple smartphone" Ze Stade Fan
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

Tyler wrote:
tac106 wrote:When asked after the Cardiff game he said it was to do with his nephew who, when trying to say goodbye or something similar, made a sound resemlbing that of an American-Indian call.
Concurr with you there kidda, he told me at the players dinner it was for his brother's(I think) children and he has to do it everytime he scores! :smt041 :supz: Let's hope we see plenty of his personal celebrations on saturday! :prayer:
Ok - who's the IT geek who can create a Jordan Crane smily? Must be worth a go.