tigers wages!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: tigers wages!

Post by Darc Tiger »

They are not underpaid. We dont want them to start getting footballer wages. Its just silly money! Most are paid just about right and if you cant have a great standard of living on 50-100k a year there is something wrong with you!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Mr Macca wrote:Back on topic, it should be easy to find this out. The precise sum paid to the players is given in the annual financial statement sent to all members. I agree that for what they put their bodies through (the Tigers' behind the scenes dvd is very interesting in this regard) and the length of their careers, most rugby players are still massively underpaid
The Annual Report gives the total number of playing and coaching staff as 79 and their total wages and salaries as £6,749K. It does not separate players from coaching staff.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
wee-young'un

Post by wee-young'un »

Darc Tiger wrote:They are not underpaid. We dont want them to start getting footballer wages. Its just silly money! Most are paid just about right and if you cant have a great standard of living on 50-100k a year there is something wrong with you!
Totally agree with this, you start paying to much it will end like a mini circus with overly non deserving swelled heads, as what has happened with the small ball...

still think it was ridulous to pay Dan Carter the bones of half a million for the bones of six months and then to get injured.... absolute nuts.. :smt009
pacificleicesterer
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by pacificleicesterer »

I can't see clubs being able to keep increasing wages with only a couple of clubs making turnovers in the premiership and the rest struggling. So i'm sure there is no danger of them getting anywhere near football players wages even if the game does get more popular. Unless clubs start being bought up by russian/arab millionaires and start paying players a bizzzilion pounds a week. :smt026 but i doubt any that will happen
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
Muhammad Ali
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Darc Tiger wrote:They are not underpaid. We dont want them to start getting footballer wages. Its just silly money! Most are paid just about right and if you cant have a great standard of living on 50-100k a year there is something wrong with you!
True, but it's 50k-100k for 10 years or so and then you're on the job market with no relevant skills.

Try walking into a high street recruitment company and saying "I used to be a really good flanker".

You'll be moving planks of wood at B&Q in no time.

Let them earn good money whilst they can.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Kinoulton wrote: Try walking into a high street recruitment company and saying "I used to be a really good flanker".

Marginally better in the current environment than walking in and saying "I used to be a really good merchant banker!"
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

LessThanSte wrote:Players more or less all have individual sponsorship anyway. Its a way round a 'salary' cap, so i would expect them to be earning a lot more and, frankly, they deserve it!
Whilst it is true that players will receive additional income outside of their salary, most probably through a limited company, it should not be thought of as a way around the cap. These things have to be done at market rate, and are subject to audit.
Were the club found to be paying their players artificially low salaries, but helping to negotiate significant additional packages then they would be in serious trouble.