Tigers on DVD or Video.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DesinVienna
Tiger Cub

Tigers on DVD or Video.

Post by DesinVienna »

I hope that I am not failing to see the obvious but I have searched the site for Tigers DVDs or Videos. I am really surprised that the shop does not stock any footage of previous seasons, greatest moments or tributes to great players past and present.
I should be very obliged if anyone can help me in my quest. Surely there must be alot of archive footage around. For example, I would love to see a collection of Geordan's magical moments. This could be the fitting tribute in his testimonial season particularly following his 250th appearance.
If this issue has been discussed previously please forgive me. If you would be similarly interested then reply and perhaps we can do something about addressing this opportunity to celebrate our heros.
Tigerbeat

Re: Tigers on DVD or Video.

Post by Tigerbeat »

Could I suggest that you send an email to the Shop

The email address is: [email protected]

Not all items are listed on the website.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
me2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by me2 »

The problem is that the club don't own the broadcast rights to Tigers matches & therefore can't make DVDs of season highlights as I understand it.

The club can record the games and use the footage for their own viewing/analysis but someone like Sky almost certainly owns the public distribution rights to all match footage.

That unfortunately means that the club can't make their own DVDs and sell them to fans without first buying back the rights from Sky (who will have paid handsomely for those rights in the first place!)
The Cat

Post by The Cat »

I used to own a video of the season highlights for 2000/01 . When it became damaged , I contacted the shop to get a new one .
Horror of horrors , it was out of production and no longer available . It seems that only soccer dvd's are popular enough to warrant eternal production . Rugby dvd's have to be purchased at the time , or else they stop making them :smt010 .
Lancastrian by birth, a Sandgrounder by the grace of God
champanzie
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by champanzie »

I have always wanted the Tigers v Stade francias h.cup final game in paris.
I was there but was only 12 so cant remember the game and would like to see it.
Anyone no where i can get it from?
Come on you tigers!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

me2 wrote:The problem is that the club don't own the broadcast rights to Tigers matches & therefore can't make DVDs of season highlights as I understand it.

The club can record the games and use the footage for their own viewing/analysis but someone like Sky almost certainly owns the public distribution rights to all match footage.

That unfortunately means that the club can't make their own DVDs and sell them to fans without first buying back the rights from Sky (who will have paid handsomely for those rights in the first place!)
Wasn't this why the distribution of unedited match DVD's (by a company whose name escapes me) had to be stopped? I seem to recall a few posters on here subscribing to a match DVD by post service, but that it had to be canned.