Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Crisp Bowl stewards attitudes.

Post by Former Prop »

Talk about little tin gods.

Due to being crumbie stand STH's we could sit, near enough, any where on the side opposite the tunnel. We were sitting 2 rows back between the 22 and tryline (L1 I think it was). The steward wouldn't let ANYONE go onto the concrete walkway between the pitch and the stands, Why? His face was a picture at half time with the exodus of people from the Bristol end. :smt003

And then 5 minutes into the game a supervisor came and spoke to said steward and said "Why can't they buy proper tickets like everyone else does?" Errr....... because we have already paid for the ticket at the start of the season.

Perhaps they were just grumpy after a late night watching the other lot 'lift' the 3rd division trophy last night. :smt015
Our period of waiting is over - this is the time.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Crisp Bowl stewards attitudes.

Post by WiggoTiger »

Former Prop wrote:Talk about little tin gods.

Due to being crumbie stand STH's we could sit, near enough, any where on the side opposite the tunnel. We were sitting 2 rows back between the 22 and tryline (L1 I think it was). The steward wouldn't let ANYONE go onto the concrete walkway between the pitch and the stands, Why? His face was a picture at half time with the exodus of people from the Bristol end. :smt003

And then 5 minutes into the game a supervisor came and spoke to said steward and said "Why can't they buy proper tickets like everyone else does?" Errr....... because we have already paid for the ticket at the start of the season.

Perhaps they were just grumpy after a late night watching the other lot 'lift' the 3rd division trophy last night. :smt015

Thats why TIGERS quality stewards should be drafted in for games at the CRISP BOWL.

Well done Tigers stewards and supervisors!! :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Headers
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Headers »

Thank you

Its nice to know that all our hard work this season has not gone to waste and we really are appreciated :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
is growing bonsai a big thing
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Former Prop wrote:
And then 5 minutes into the game a supervisor came and spoke to said steward and said "Why can't they buy proper tickets like everyone else does?"
or possibly because that's what we were allocated as ST holders?

In fairness, the steward where we were was chatty and didn't have a problem with anyone going on the walkway before the game or at half time. But when we walked to the barrier bit to applaud at the end and to applaud the Bris players, I smiled at one steward and said "we're okay, we only want to go to here and applaud..." Not a smile, not even a half smile. Just a filthy look.

WR stewards have always been friendly, helpful and good natured any time I've chatted to them or anything.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

I found them helpfull thank you to them. They also let all those people move at half time which wouldnt happen in most place. Well done the City Staff
Minty

Post by Minty »

They let people change ends, but only after they had tried to prevent it !!

i saw a couple of stewards on walkie talkies trying to ask other stewards to stop letting people on the pathway by the pitch.

I just dont think that they were used to civilised supporters who weren't there to cause trouble.

I just hope they can realise how well behaved everyone was and take that into consideration for the next home game there.
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Simmo »

I must admit I found the one in front of us very polite and helpful and he did enjoy a joke with me when I asked him if he wouldn't mind asking all of those "geeks" walking along the concrete from the south end of the stadium to the north end at half time to sit down as they blocked my view as the second half began.

I bet the teams wondered what had happened when they came out of the tunnel for the second half.................the Tigers team must have thought....s**t we were planning to sit back and enjoy our first half performance until they realised the crowd had gone north expecting a second half display (which they duly delivered!)............well done Tigers!
Simmo
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

found them OK myself. couldn't find the right turnstile at first and they were courteous. but there was a look of bemusement when the fans all transferred to the north end - catch that happening at normal Crisp bowl games!!
tigerben
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerben »

Simmo wrote:I must admit I found the one in front of us very polite and helpful and he did enjoy a joke with me when I asked him if he wouldn't mind asking all of those "geeks" walking along the concrete from the south end of the stadium to the north end at half time to sit down as they blocked my view as the second half began.
Was walking past myself at the point, and i was also amused by the PA announcement at the start of the second half - 'could all specttors please find a seat as soon as possible' or words to that effect.

stewards were v. helpful around where we were (both halves/ends of the ground) getting people directed to heir seats as quickly as possible and not leting a queue form on the stair way from the concourse as there was at the bath game.
Leicester Football Club.
First Back to Back European Champions.
First Club to win an Away Guiness Premiership Play-off Semi-Final.
British by Birth - Welsh by the Grace of God
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Due to a slight mix-up over tickets and gates (due to Master Waffle playing in the TAG tournament), we had to ask a few favours of the stewards and corporate hospitality people. All were extremely helpful, allowing Mrs Waffle (on her first ever visit to a Tigers match) access to the tunnel area, posh loos etc. She very much enjoyed nearly bumping into Toby Flood near the changing rooms, but was disappointed to find that she was not allowed in there. So, nothing but praise from me.

Only downside was the grumpy Tigers supporter she sat next to in the first half, who didn't seem to like being sat next to a Tigers virgin. Hence we moved at half time.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I bet they dont let the fans change ends for the semi final :smt018

This was almost a clear case for the old style of getting a seat - sit where you like - first come first served but I am sure the golds would disagree - I am a silver season ticket holder.

But I am over the moon that we did not decide to join forces with LC at the crisp bowl - I thought the atmostphere was very poor

:smt038 :smt038 :smt038
Hehehehehehehehe
crateman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by crateman »

We were amongst those who moved, getting a position high up in the corner, and the only people who objected were wearing tigers shirts!

I can't imagine that these were premium priced seats, as the area was virtually empty before we arrived. The same numpties objecting spent the rest of the time behaving like they spent more time at the crisp bowl than WR.

As far as the stewards are concerned, they just gave up to the inevitable (after a little resistance). The size of the crowd moving would have been an Elfin Safety nightmare had they tried to stop it.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I find it quite amusing that these stewards are supposed to be capable of stopping violent pitch invasions and preventing battles between Leicester City fans and the delightful knuckleheads from Leeds, Millwall etc.

Yet they are overwhelmed by a bunch of genial rugby fans ambling over to the other end of the ground.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

I guess if you are 'tuned' to having to deal with footie crowds week in week out then it comes as bit of a shock to deal with rugby fans. I was amused at the riot vans outside the Walkers - guess there must have been a footie game on somewhere near by or they had stayed over night from the Foxes game?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

TigerCam wrote:I guess if you are 'tuned' to having to deal with footie crowds week in week out then it comes as bit of a shock to deal with rugby fans. I was amused at the riot vans outside the Walkers - guess there must have been a footie game on somewhere near by or they had stayed over night from the Foxes game?
There had been a serious argument between two biddies about the relative merits of oxtail soup as opposed to French onion.

One of the old dears was threatening to turn ugly.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!