Museum for New stadium

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tim15

Museum for New stadium

Post by tim15 »

Have just come back from Anfield having had a stadium tour and spent a happy hour in their museum.

Just wondered what other forum members thought about whether we should have one at our place.

I'm sure we've all got plenty of programmes and nostalgic memories of past Tigers glories to add to it, but i was also thinking that they could encompass it with a stadium tour and allow the public to experience the feel of the ground, for example:- as you went out onto the Anfield pitch they piped in the crowd cheering and chanting and it offered a different perspective, just wondered what that would be like for us all to experience?
Any thoughts?
And on the 7th day, god rested, he stood patiently and awaited the green light to start the game from SKY!
Rizzo

Re: Museum for New stadium

Post by Rizzo »

It's certainly a thought, although they display memorabilia and so on in the European suite and elsewhere around the ground, would it be better to move it all into one place when the whole redevelopment is complete? Not sure.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by physiodan »

its called the drogs bar isn't it. most of it still pours the best pint in the ground too.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Rizzo wrote:It's certainly a thought, although they display memorabilia and so on in the European suite and elsewhere around the ground, would it be better to move it all into one place when the whole redevelopment is complete? Not sure.
If its all in one place there could be tours for schools, tourists etc, marketing dream for the club??
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
T T

Post by T T »

Would be a good idea to have family toilets , so if one parent takes kids of different sex there is a family toilet area which has a number of cubicles to ease the problem of toilet breaks. Would make life a lot easier .
T T
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_s ... 980481.stm

Picture 6 - something like that would be welcome! :smt023

A museum would be a nice addition in my opinion, including a full stadium tour.

I would also hope that the whole redeveloped stadium has a lot of imagery all around it of our glory days to give the place a proper sense of history.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

physiodan wrote:its called the drogs bar isn't it. most of it still pours the best pint in the ground too.
Except that there is probably a wrecking ball pummelling that to dust as we speak.....
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

DCat wrote:
physiodan wrote:its called the drogs bar isn't it. most of it still pours the best pint in the ground too.
Except that there is probably a wrecking ball pummelling that to dust as we speak.....
Rabeni?
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
me2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by me2 »

There's no space set aside for a museum in the stadium plans and as far as I know, the club have no intention of creating one.

Their policy is to have memorabilia on display around the bars in the new stadium, much like it is at present. The club also has a considerable amount of memorabilia in storage I believe so it's not as if they don't have anything to display!
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

I would certainly go for a Hall of Fame as illustrated in the new Yankee Stadium of players past and present. It would be very visual and be a link to both the past and the present day. Would be nice to have $1.5 billion dollars to spend on it as well like the Yankee Stadium.

:smt026 :smt026
Philip J Gray
me2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by me2 »

Well you may have to do with a Walk of Legends I'm afraid!