Herring retirement..

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

billybudd
Top Cat
Top Cat

Herring retirement..

Post by billybudd »

Last nights rugby hour on radio leics said that they had heard unofficially that Ben Herring had decided to retire following 4 concussions.
If this is true, we will have lost a great player, and should wish Ben all the very best for the future.

Anyone heard anything official from the club? Maybe Rugby club on SKY tonight?
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Herring retirement..

Post by Darc Tiger »

Was a article in The Times a little while ago saying he has been forced to retire due to concussion. Not official, but very likely.

He was waterboy/warm-up helper/coach at Tigers vs Bath though. Nice to see he is still very much involved.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I don't think it has been officially announced, as he will still be working for/with the club in some capacity until the end of the season. The thread below may help though.

http://www.leicestertigers.com/forum/vi ... it=Herring
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
ian23
Tiger Cub

Post by ian23 »

My son asked for his autograph in the car park at the Walkers before the game on Saturday and I had a chat with him. He confirmed that he would not play again as the medics had said it was too risky. He seemed philosophical about it and mentioned that he really had no decsion to make. He is young and has a wife and new baby, there was clearly only one path to take. He said he hoped to stick around in some capacity, possibly coaching, but he would have to wait until the end of the season to see what was available. Nice guy, useful player, he will be missed on the field but may be his influence will be felt in the backroom.
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

I rated him highly in his Super 14 days with the Hurricanes and was delighted / very surprised to find that he had pitched up to play for Tigers.

A great player - a genuine 7 - and a nice bloke.

Shame for him and all concerned. Best of luck, Ben - you will be missed.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by physiodan »

all the best to ben. possibly one of the tigers signings ever. great player, great attitude, straight of of the neil back book of flankers. sadly missed on the pitch