Caterpillar £5 Tickets

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

seaweed
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Caterpillar £5 Tickets

Post by seaweed »

Heard today that Cat employees are able to get tickets for this Saturday at £5 each for themselves and family and friends. I believe this to be true as its from a good source.

This could be viewed as an employee perk and I am sure some will see it like that.

Me, I am just so pleased as a season ticket holder of number of years I am allowed to pay the full face value of £30.

Thanks very much to all concerned.
To quote Ray Gravell - You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.

Owain Glyndŵr now he was a man of vision.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Caterpillar £5 Tickets

Post by Tyzot »

Actually there is a bit of a trend here. Even if this one turns out to be untrue, there have been a few offers over the last two seasons that those of us that buy season tickets can't benefit from, does seem a bit ill considered.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I am not sure Caterpillar are recruiting at the moment - last I heard they were laying off.

However, should you wish to benefit from this rumoured employee benefit what not submit your CV?

Free bus passes are available as well, and free prescriptions - ah maybe you are too young!!!

Want a £135K pa housing allowance - easy - become an MP!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

seaweed wrote:Heard today that Cat employees are able to get tickets for this Saturday at £5 each for themselves and family and friends. I believe this to be true as its from a good source.

This could be viewed as an employee perk and I am sure some will see it like that.

Me, I am just so pleased as a season ticket holder of number of years I am allowed to pay the full face value of £30.

Out of interest, do you have a similar concern over the heavily discounted tickets that friends & family of the A&L Tag Team participants are able to obtain?

As ST-holders, we 'lost out' on these despite the youngest Waffle playing on Saturday. Honestly can't say that I'm bothered about it.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Mrs T was involved in the semi and they got 12 child (Team members only) and 8 adult (Teachers etc.). All other tickets were at normal price.

Personally I have no problem with discounts for events etc or for corporate deals but there have been quite a few offers to the general public (e.g. "kids for a quid", buy one get one half price) that season ticket holders do not benefit from as they have already bought tickets for the whole year.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

seaweed wrote:Heard today that Cat employees are able to get tickets for this Saturday at £5 each for themselves and family and friends. I believe this to be true as its from a good source.

Could this be their final perk before they are made redundant??? They come thick and fast at Desford at the moment the old P45's!!!! Maybe thats all the employees can afford as they are also on short time work as Israel are not buying the tank diggers at the moment!!!!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
wolverhampton_tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by wolverhampton_tiger »

For information season ticket holders can take part in some offers, I took my kid for a quid and his mate to the Treviso game earlier this year, I did decide to collect them though as they wanted £2.40 to post them out!!
seaweed
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by seaweed »

dailywaffle wrote:

Out of interest, do you have a similar concern over the heavily discounted tickets that friends & family of the A&L Tag Team participants are able to obtain?

As ST-holders, we 'lost out' on these despite the youngest Waffle playing on Saturday. Honestly can't say that I'm bothered about it.
I have an issue with any business which has inequality and inconsistency with pricing when I am one of its customers.

Recognised these days in most sectors by money back offers if available elsewhere at a lower price etc. to ensure customer satisfaction.

Happy you are not bothered about it !
To quote Ray Gravell - You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.

Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Wolverhampton Tiger - But when your child already has a season ticket it means you are paying more than those that don't.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

I may be missing something but is it the club selling the tickets at £5 or has Cat bought them at full price and offering them to their employees at £5?

Also with less than a week to go if there are unsold tickets which possibly Bath have returned does it not make sense to sell them at a discount to get a full house and to earn marginal revenue!!!!

If you buy something at full price because you want it and then find out the shop has got a sale a week later you might be upset about it but that's life so deal with it. :smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
upthecats
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by upthecats »

Surely as the main sponsor part of their deal will include a certain number of match tickets included in the deal. So they have in effect "paid" for their tickets.

Also I think Guiness get a number at each game because of their sponsorship of the Premiership.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

upthecats wrote:
Also I think Guiness get a number at each game because of their sponsorship of the Premiership.
Correct!!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
seaweed
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by seaweed »

Bill W wrote:I am not sure Caterpillar are recruiting at the moment - last I heard they were laying off.

However, should you wish to benefit from this rumoured employee benefit what not submit your CV?

Free bus passes are available as well, and free prescriptions - ah maybe you are too young!!!

Want a £135K pa housing allowance - easy - become an MP!!
As an educated man you should know this is the lowest form of wit.

seaweed
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by seaweed »

[If you buy something at full price because you want it and then find out the shop has got a sale a week later you might be upset about it but that's life so deal with it. :smt027 :smt027 :smt027[/quote]

That Great Dunkirk spirit !

Don't just let it go, see what you can do about it.

If you are happy to be stuffed in life then fine, but not all of us are.

Stuart Kirk
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stuart Kirk »

Bill W wrote: Want a £135K pa housing allowance - easy - become an MP!!

A glaringly obvious one but I'll say it anyway - nevermind the housing allowance what about the blue tv allowance!