Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Gibbo12
Gold Member
Gold Member

Jason Robinson takes over at Sale

Post by Gibbo12 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 910391.stm

Robinson will start as head coach at Sale from the start of next season.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Jason Robinson takes over at Sale

Post by bluntiger »

I was shocked. He never seemed to have the character to go into coaching.
Always a Tiger
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

bluntiger wrote:I was shocked. He never seemed to have the character to go into coaching.
Proof of pudding will be in eating. He is well known at Sale.

OK. It is a gamble. A bigger one than ML or HM?????
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Minty

Post by Minty »

ML & HM were already proven coaches, ML not necessarily at club level but HM was world class imo.

Good luck to Billy, but i guess its a steep learning curve, especially loosing 3 or more world class players at the same time. He can compare notes with his mate Johnno.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Minty wrote:ML & HM were already proven coaches, ML not necessarily at club level but HM was world class imo.

Good luck to Billy, but i guess its a steep learning curve, especially loosing 3 or more world class players at the same time. He can compare notes with his mate Johnno.
Do not disagree Minty. But HM was not known at Welford Road and had no track record out of SA.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Minty

Post by Minty »

True indeed sir, we do always seem to do well with people, normally ex players who have understood the Tiger way! I do wonder whether we have lost some of that passion and tiger mentality with ML & HM and the loss of the greats ...Johhno, Backy, Wiggy etc.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Minty wrote:True indeed sir, we do always seem to do well with people, normally ex players who have understood the Tiger way! I do wonder whether we have lost some of that passion and tiger mentality with ML & HM and the loss of the greats ...Johhno, Backy, Wiggy etc.
See Jake White thread. I have reversed my opinion.

I now believe Cockers (who we know warts and all) should be confirmed as Head Coach for 2009/10. Wheelbrace (and others) should offer him guidance and support as DoR and the senior players be free to offer their advice on tactics.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

just read on the beeb that McAllister is leaving e/o season and returning to NZ.
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Of the raft of All Blacks who left, he was always the one who was most likely to return the soonest.

Billy Whizz will be disappointed not to have the talent in his ranks though. It is a gamble I guess (going with him as the Head Coach), but you never know until know. After all, Deano didn't have any managerial experience...
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Dave W wrote:just read on the beeb that McAllister is leaving e/o season and returning to NZ.
We need to offer good money to attract him to WR, Vesty, Mauger and McCaillister would be a great 10,12,13 combination.....................well we can all dream!!

Remember Deano taking over.....................trophies followed. Good luck Billy!!

:smt031 :smt031 :smt031
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!