Corry banned for 6 weeks

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dave J
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Corry banned for 6 weeks

Post by Dave J »

Breaking news on Sky that he has been found not guilty of gouging but guilty of conduct unbecomming, or words to that effect. Could have been worse although I was hoping for no more tha 4 weeks.
A citizen of hope and glory
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Re: Corry banned for 6 weeks

Post by salcombe bob »

I'm sure Hibbard was squeaking clean :smt013 Why we don't shut the bridge and ignore these Welshies I don't know, we always have a problem when we go there!!!! :smt018
woutster

Post by woutster »

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/12_12324.php

before someone asks for it!
welshy3

Post by welshy3 »

So he made contact with the eye but this was unintentional? Didn't someone get 18 weeks for that recently?
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

He must appeal!!!

Unintentional!! Not striking!!

Not in line with 6N ruling!!!

Ospreys management condemned as lying cheating offspring out of wedlock.

Let the silks gather!!!

And IRB whatever you come up with it better be good!!

You have allowed Ospreys to bring the game into disrepute!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

So... Didn't "strike" him. Made contact with the eye area accidentally. Which is to say he didn't intend to make contact with the eye area. How on earth can that be a red cardable offence so as to be citable in the first place, let alone worth six weeks?

Crazy. If they don't appeal, I'll be amazed.

And if this gets reported as "gouging", it needs to be corrected every time anyone uses that time, sharpish.

And if any sanctimonious "argue for the sake of it" type tries to run the argument that this is a really serious offence because someone could lose his sight, and Corry was lucky, because look at the entry points, etc. etc., I shall simply respond with :butthead:

God, I'm angry.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I am furious!!!

:smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
welshy3

Post by welshy3 »

Unbelievable that they can say what is intentional or not..have you seen the video? Would have thought that his intention was beyond doubt..and the only question was whether he attacked his eyes or not.

Unbelievable.
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

And what, pray, is that post supposed to mean?
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

Gate wrote:So... Didn't "strike" him. Made contact with the eye area accidentally. Which is to say he didn't intend to make contact with the eye area. How on earth can that be a red cardable offence so as to be citable in the first place, let alone worth six weeks?

Crazy. If they don't appeal, I'll be amazed.

And if this gets reported as "gouging", it needs to be corrected every time anyone uses that time, sharpish.

And if any sanctimonious "argue for the sake of it" type tries to run the argument that this is a really serious offence because someone could lose his sight, and Corry was lucky, because look at the entry points, etc. etc., I shall simply respond with :butthead:

God, I'm angry.

I echo the sentiments of Gate and I for one would be very surprised if Martin Corry and Leicester do not appeal this decision.

:smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013
Philip J Gray
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Unintentional must be accidental! Again the citing panel are playing with words to justify their existence.

The cheese and port must have been substandard!!!!!!
tigerfeet13
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerfeet13 »

A farce and a shambles! :smt009

Ospreys, and the ERC hang your heads in shame!! :smt022
Rugby Special... Is the Tigers!
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

If every "accident" is punishable by a 6 week ban we are not going to have many players knocking around in the GP - might have to change the format to 7's! Are players suppose to hit rucks now with their hands behind their back?? :smt013 :smt013 :smt013
yo_soy

Post by yo_soy »

If he wasn't trying to strike him or stick his fingers in Hibbard's eyes, just what was he trying to do? Someone explain, please.

You don't get 6 weeks
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

He just has!!!

:smt010 :smt025 :smt043 :smt010 :smt013 :smt013

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007