Cockers throws hat in ring!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Cockers throws hat in ring!

Post by Bill W »

The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Cockers throws hat in ring!

Post by Ben the Tiger »

Interesting, would be a good choice but I just don't feel like it is his time to take the job why I don't know give it 2 or 3 more years then it probably will be but not quite yet. However this doesn't mean that I wouldn't support him or the team if he was appointed head coach.
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Gets my vote,not done anything wrong,just needs a backs coach to help him with a decent attacking plan for all the ball the well drilled forwards are winning .
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Not sure if he has the total backing of the squad. Only what I heard, like.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

Interesting read in the Mercury today...

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/l ... ticle.html
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

It'd be wrong for the powers that be to not even consider him, or sound him out over the idea - if he was willing. His periods in temporary charge have been, for the most part, and considering the circumstances, quite successful.

Glad to hear he'd consider the job full time.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Ben the Tiger wrote:Interesting read in the Mercury today...

Not sure I agree with the "entertaining" bit for putting bums on seats,winning is what we are used to ,how we win is something that comes next.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

tigerburnie wrote:

Not sure I agree with the "entertaining" bit for putting bums on seats,winning is what we are used to ,how we win is something that comes next.
I have to agree with nearly all that Steve has to say. The Tigers are devoid of any ideas when it comes to opening sides up. Whether Catt, or any other, would be right I believe depends on how they will fit in to the Tigers family ways? I too am becoming disillusioned by the way the Tigers have played since the departure of PH. Yes, there are new laws - yadda yadda but as Steve says HM had not made any significant impact since his arrival. I know several former Tigers fans that gave up going to WR because of the style of play. They are now Bath and Irish fans who says going to support watch good rugby is entertainment in itself. If the Tigers fail to make the HC pools at the end of the season then maybe there will be plenty of seats in the new stand for ST holders to have a choice come match day? As I said on other threads, if the way the Tiger play does not improve then I will not be flogging my a*rse up and down the A14 next season when I have Bedford and Cambridge on my doorstep that can play within the ELVs and entertain too. As for Cockers as head-coach - IMO bad move.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

TigerCam wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:

I have to agree with nearly all that Steve has to say. The Tigers are devoid of any ideas when it comes to opening sides up. Whether Catt, or any other, would be right I believe depends on how they will fit in to the Tigers family ways? I too am becoming disillusioned by the way the Tigers have played since the departure of PH. Yes, there are new laws - yadda yadda but as Steve says HM had not made any significant impact since his arrival. I know several former Tigers fans that gave up going to WR because of the style of play. They are now Bath and Irish fans who says going to support watch good rugby is entertainment in itself. If the Tigers fail to make the HC pools at the end of the season then maybe there will be plenty of seats in the new stand for ST holders to have a choice come match day? As I said on other threads, if the way the Tiger play does not improve then I will not be flogging my a*rse up and down the A14 next season when I have Bedford and Cambridge on my doorstep that can play within the ELVs and entertain too. As for Cockers as head-coach - IMO bad move.
If these so called Tigers fans want to support another team, let them but they obviously are not the die hards from the 70/80's, when we started to see the success that blossomed into todays outfit. Enjoy Cambridge and Bedford.......you will see plenty of the Tigers players at Goldington Road as many are on loan. Hope you are entertained with the few that turn up. I will enjoy the spectacle of 18000 fans at WR and cheer our team on.

I am sad you think you flog youself to get to WR, if its a chore stay at home and let someone else have your seat.

Lets cheer the boys and Cocky to ensure we gain some silverware this year.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Lets get this season out of the way before we start to talk about new backs coaches etc...............too many changes have had an affect on our play over the last couple of seasons and it is showing on the field.

I feel we will strive to succeed if we stick with what we have but change our game plan for each game...........cut down on non tactical kicking.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
rufcut

Post by rufcut »

How can you choose not to be a supporter anymore? What happens when Tigers play Bath or Irish-any twinges? What appens when they get boring? I suppose they'd be Man Utd fans ifthey watched football. For me style of play no way, team all the way-then I do live in leicester. :smt028 :smt027 :smt038
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Spot on, rufcut. Once you're a supporter, you're a supporter, as far as I'm concerned. Just switching to another team because they play a bit flash is just ... weird.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

jgriffin wrote:Keep the SH God squad away please.
Is that a specific reference to Jake White, or a more general view that you would not support any coach that had strong religious beliefs?
crateman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by crateman »

jgriffin wrote:
Keep the SH God squad away please.

Is that a specific reference to Jake White, or a more general view that you would not support any coach that had strong religious beliefs?
I don't want to speak for anyone. Personally, I feel that religious beliefs are down to the individual, but trying to motivate others/teams by applying your own views is out of order. If Jake White acts through these methods, it may work in SA but I can see noses being put out of joint in this country (quite literally, with some players).