My Email to Ospreys yesterday:

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Nik
Super User
Super User

My Email to Ospreys yesterday:

Post by Nik »

Fellow rugby supporters, I was so incensed yesterday that I emailed Ospreys, it wasn't me being a one eyed tigers supporter, although I have to say my rose tinted glasses are in tact me ducks, it was the appalling was Julian White was treated:
Sir
I felt compelled to write to your Club after reading the statement placed on the ‘Ospreys’ website, in relation to comments made by your head coach on Saturday 24th January 2009. In my view, you’re Coach, ill advisedly and publically accused Julian White of carrying out offences to your players during two rugby matches. To publically name and accuse a player before any Citing has been made is, as far as I’m concerned, extremely wrong.

The Ospreys statement insists that the comments made were only related to incidents during the match at Welford Road, unfortunately that information is incorrect, your Head Coach and his Assistant stated categorically that incidents had happened at Welford Road and during the match on Saturday, clearly stating that Julian White was still committing the same offences in BOTH matches.

To my knowledge Julian White was not cited for any offence during the last match with Leicester nor was he cited this time. However his character has been publically assassinated by members of your staff, not only does it bring the sport of Rugby into disrepute, as a Club it is believed you are trying to convict a player before he is even cited with an offence, which is unforgiveable.

The statement made by Ospreys falls extremely short of any apology, your coaching staff should have the common courtesy of making a personal public apology, this could be done on Rugby Club on Sky Sports, it will most likely be seen by everyone who actually saw your staff making the statements in the first place.

Your views on this subject would be gratefully received.
Now I have read receipts for the email but no reply, what a surprise!!
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
gooders060981
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: My Email to Ospreys yesterday:

Post by gooders060981 »

Nik wrote:Fellow rugby supporters, I was so incensed yesterday that I emailed Ospreys, it wasn't me being a one eyed tigers supporter, although I have to say my rose tinted glasses are in tact me ducks, it was the appalling was Julian White was treated:
Sir
I felt compelled to write to your Club after reading the statement placed on the ‘Ospreys’ website, in relation to comments made by your head coach on Saturday 24th January 2009. In my view, you’re Coach, ill advisedly and publically accused Julian White of carrying out offences to your players during two rugby matches. To publically name and accuse a player before any Citing has been made is, as far as I’m concerned, extremely wrong.

The Ospreys statement insists that the comments made were only related to incidents during the match at Welford Road, unfortunately that information is incorrect, your Head Coach and his Assistant stated categorically that incidents had happened at Welford Road and during the match on Saturday, clearly stating that Julian White was still committing the same offences in BOTH matches.

To my knowledge Julian White was not cited for any offence during the last match with Leicester nor was he cited this time. However his character has been publically assassinated by members of your staff, not only does it bring the sport of Rugby into disrepute, as a Club it is believed you are trying to convict a player before he is even cited with an offence, which is unforgiveable.

The statement made by Ospreys falls extremely short of any apology, your coaching staff should have the common courtesy of making a personal public apology, this could be done on Rugby Club on Sky Sports, it will most likely be seen by everyone who actually saw your staff making the statements in the first place.

Your views on this subject would be gratefully received.
Now I have read receipts for the email but no reply, what a surprise!!
Good on you, I find it disgusting the way they have dealt with this, my 11 year son would have had more manners and balls then them
Geordan Murphy for England
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

thanks mate - would have been nice to have had a reply though.
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

Well done Nik, I nearly did the same, it is very annoying. :smt026
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

They're proberly remaining tight-lipped about everything, so the likelyness of a response is minimal...

Good on you though Nik, and I'm sure ol' Farmer Jules will appriciate the support :smt023
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

Thanks Bob and Rich
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mike »

I've sent a letter to their Managing Director expressing my disgust with their antics and also the hope that both Tigers and Julian will take Legal action against them .If enough people do something then The Ospreys Club might realise what prats they are .
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

good on you mike
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

Well done Nik. Ospreys must realise that they cannot just cite a player before the Citing Commisioner has decided whether or not a player is to be cited. Nile for PM.

:smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026
Philip J Gray
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

it says in this morning's Daily Mail that the matter is with Tiger's solicitors.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
tigerfeet13
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerfeet13 »

Interestingly I spoke to an Ospreys fan yesterday and before I said anything he said how bad he thought Holey's reaction and comments were.

As for your email. Superb.
But you probably will not get a response until the 2 sets of lawyers have taken their pound of flesh and decided whether or not any action will be taken.
Rugby Special... Is the Tigers!
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

good on you Nik, as a chuckle, why don't we all copy Niks email and send it on again... Could be funny and if anything, make their systems crash (or am I being childish..) :smt003
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

If she doesn't get a reply, perhaps we shall! :smt038
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Well done.

Let's hope their miserable example is remembered and that no other clubs start mouthing off before the facts are known.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!