Gough punches Castro & White eye gouging?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mr. Grumpy

Re: Gough punches Castro & White eye gouging?

Post by Mr. Grumpy »

gkbradley wrote:What Moon landings??
They were reported in the press. I didn’t wait to get any official NASA evidence. I was happy with that.
A man does not always need to wear a red nose to be considered a clown
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Whatever your opinion, can all users please refrain from using profanities, obscenities and swear words. Any such words can and will be removed.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
welshy3

Post by welshy3 »

Sorry Rizzo a chap swore at me with a "******** whinging" and I assumed that if I I qouted that the same swear word it would come out like "********" and not "censored".
welshy3

Post by welshy3 »

We boo the kicker because you lot seem to hate us. We are not going to adopt the protocols of the leicester tiger fan base - frankly because if it wasn't that, you would take issue with something else, and something else, and something else.

You only moralise at those you don't like.
Last edited by welshy3 on Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Not booing a kicker is very much a British thing, everywhere else in the world it is accepted, but with rugby becoming more popular there are more 'soccer-type' fans coming along and so there is more and more of it - at Scarlets there's a group of about 5-10 who chant "cheat, cheat, cheat" whenever the ref gives a decision to the opposition, regardless of whether it is right or wrong even blatent things like an obvious knock on.

Luckily at Tigers there are too many fans and not enough spare tickets for us to get the influx that some other clubs have seen. Hopefully with the ground expansion we still won't get too many but I won't hold my breath
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

Welshy, I wasn't swearing at you chap, the comment refered to the Ospreys so apologies if you thought it was aimed at you chief.
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
welshy3

Post by welshy3 »

Do you think that tigers fans behaviour at home is admirable in any way? The last match I saw..you boo every single decision the ref makes (Brian moore wanted to leave his commentry position at one time and tell you all off), you cheer every missed penalty, you ironically cheer the thrower, you scream at the catcher who is taking the high ball. If you think not booing the kicker gives you any sort of moral superiority you lot are kidding yourselves. It only gives you a weopen to beat the oppositions fans about the head with and thats it. Come the day when opposing supporters are warned by loudspeaker, in the most patronising of terms - as they are taking their seats that "you must not boo the kicker", you lot would be in complete ecstacy.

If it wasn't the booing the kicker thing it would be something else.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

........................Now get to the point! WHAT MOON LANDINGS!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

welshy3 wrote: Come the day when opposing supporters are warned by loudspeaker, in the most patronising of terms - as they are taking their seats that "you must not boo the kicker", you lot would be in complete ecstacy
Not quite "you must not boo the kicker" but we do have a similar message read out over the tannoy about silence and respecting both team's kickers :smt044
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

you think thats bad, you want to see the abuse and booing we give the catering vans - £4.50 for a dried up pork cob - daylight robbery I tell you!
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

welshy3 wrote:We boo the kicker because you lot seem to hate us. We are not going to adopt the protocols of the leicester tiger fan base - frankly because if it wasn't that, you would take issue with something else, and something else, and something else.

You only moralise at those you don't like.
I refer the honourable Welshman to a post made some months ago.

http://tinyurl.com/dbx4n5

Booing the kicker whether the norm in other countries or not is utterly unnacceptable and has no place in the game,

If when our ground is expanded we get idiots come in who boo the kicker then I will make efforts to have those responsible banned from the ground.
Excuse me. Where do I get a yellow balaclava from?
I asked Gavin Henson if they sold them at Matalan but he said they didn't because they messed his hair up.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

If Julian Whites name is mentioned then he must have done something. And with all his previous he can look forward to a lengthy ban if they find him guilty.
Last edited by Rizzo on Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: offensive and potentially defamatory comments about a player