Gough punches Castro & White eye gouging?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

welshy3

Re: Gough punches Castro & White eye gouging?

Post by welshy3 »

Are you tigers supporters mental? Supporting a team is one thing but defending them no matter what (and in these terms) is nuts.
Sherpa2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sherpa2 »

welshy3 wrote:Are you tigers supporters mental? Supporting a team is one thing but defending them no matter what (and in these terms) is nuts.
Welshy, whilst you are of course welcome on OUR forum I would suggest that we are fully entitled to defend our team in anyway we care to.
I used to be indecisive now I just can't make up my mind
Mr. Grumpy

Post by Mr. Grumpy »

welshy3 wrote:Are you tigers supporters mental? Supporting a team is one thing but defending them no matter what (and in these terms) is nuts.
I take it you’ve decided on White’s guilt then? As already said, if he (or any other player) is found to be guilty by the authorities rather than the media we will not be sympathetic.
A man does not always need to wear a red nose to be considered a clown
Crumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crumby »

Welshy - people on here will not defend gouging If White is found guilty, however we have every right to object to Ospreys management accusing players by means of talking to sky and the press - thats not the way it should be done and rugby is the worse for it.
pogue3
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pogue3 »

if white has been gouging and there is evidence then fair enough he should be banned.
However, all these allegations seem to me like sour grapes and also a big blanket from their management to mask out the real reason they may not get through to the quarters...............their coaches are rubbish. The ospreys were terrible yesterday and have been quite a lot this season. Considering they have such a good mix of players they massively underperform.
would have preffered if the coaches yesterday came out with the reasons they lost foremost and not started stirring things up.
well done tigers yesterday, i don't care the rugby was poor. i knew the game would be like that before we started. the scrum was awesome at times yesterday esp when castro was on. looking forward to the 1/4s
welshy3

Post by welshy3 »

Whenever there is a gouging incident you always get a upset coach going to the press?
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Innocent until proven guilty... or in the case of rugby innocent until proven you were close to something that was alleged to have happened
welshy3

Post by welshy3 »

f white has been gouging and there is evidence then fair enough he should be banned.
However, all these allegations seem to me like sour grapes and also a big blanket from their management to mask out the real reason they may not get through to the quarters...............their coaches are rubbish. The ospreys were terrible yesterday and have been quite a lot this season. Considering they have such a good mix of players they massively underperform.
would have preffered if the coaches yesterday came out with the reasons they lost foremost and not started stirring things up.
well done tigers yesterday, i don't care the rugby was poor. i knew the game would be like that before we started. the scrum was awesome at times yesterday esp when castro was on. looking forward to the 1/4s
Are you bonkers? They are obviously upset about it. Gouging is a dirty dirty business and it is a seperate story as far as I am concerned. Nobody is trying to hide the fact they didn't get what they had hoped, and thats a different story altogether. Trying to link the two is nutty. No coach or team would use "oh yes we were winning but a player got gouged and we lost" as a excuse. What a warped thing to imply.
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Isn't this 4 complaints this season albeit only the second official complaint? More than the rest of European rugby combined :smt012

Maybe the Ospreys players need to realise that there will be contact with the eye area that isn't necessarily gouging
welshy3

Post by welshy3 »

Yeah yeah..next you will be trying to imply that he poked himsef in the eye..I see where this is going..and it's just silly.
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

Maybe he got poked in the eye by Jones's perm, you never know? Anyway, shouldn't they be putting more effort in to working out how to beat a team, at home, by more than 7 points? If JW did do it and there is evidence to prove it, then he deserves everything he gets but if not, then stop whingeing!
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

I wouldn't go that far, but maybe a few of the Ospreys players are a little overly sensitive to contact near the eyes as they are managing to amass more complaints than all the other teams combined
welshy3

Post by welshy3 »

Who the hell is whinging? Congrats tigers you did a great job. That is a seperate story. linking the two is nutbar. So what do you paranoid lot think of the Moon landings?
Last edited by Rizzo on Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Swearing within post
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

What Moon landings??
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
welshy3

Post by welshy3 »

:smt005