Nonu 'A Bit Upset' by Haka Response

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Budster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Budster »

I was busy didn’t see the duplicate thread.
The All Blacks wind me up, they see themselves as Gods of Rugby and they must be respected at all times.
Not just the Obtuse dance they insist on doing but everything down to the precious black shirt.
They are just another team and we need to remember that and not get caught up in their self imposed mythology.
No other team throws their dummy out so bad when they are losing.
Get stuck into them, they don’t like it up them.
Jim__2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jim__2 »

Blah, blah, blah Nonu.

It's all a load of rubbish, they lay down their challenge and so do the opposite team. I think that the Welsh team did a great job of it.

Like something I read on another forum, the New Zealanders want everybody to see their culture and all what they're about but the minute that somebody else does the same, then they're moaning and whining all over the place.

That's what they said, putting it bluntly. But it's all true.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

You have to remember that few, if any, of the AB team are actually from Mauri descent anyway. Ma Nonu is himself of Samoan descent as was Tana Umaga. Many of the other ABs are from European descent. So to say the Mauri war dance means anything to their ancestory is non-sense.

The thing that upsets people is that opposing teams accomodate them doing this dance before matches and crowds like it I suppore. But then the AB are now demanding how opposing teams react to it! It is disrespectful not to watch (remember Campese!), it is disrespectful not to back down first (Wales), it is disrespectful to get in their faces (Cockerill).

They expect teams to stand still, watch, be intimidated and then move away ready for them to start the game. I don't think so.

Wales did the right thing, frankly the Johnno thing, they didn't back down and why should they? Every team should follow suit.
Always a Tiger
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by physiodan »

would love to hear cocker's opinion on standing up to the haka. AB get over it. you want to dance then dance and if we want to stand looking straight back we will. we are hear to play rugby at the end of the day. I do think the Haka is a spectackle
Moose
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Moose »

Funnily enough, Cockers was interviewed about that very issue on Rugby Club last night.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Cockers says that after the incident and lining up to recieve the kick-off, Johnno tapped his shoulder and said ' Cockers, what the hell have you done? '.
Always a Tiger