Munster Vs New Zealand

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mitchell

Munster Vs New Zealand

Post by Mitchell »

I guess that not many of you Leicester fans saw the above game last night and you do not know what you missed there was more action in 5 minutes of it than there was in 80 minutes of the Ireland/New Zealand game last saturday only for some very poor decisions by the ref Munster would have won the game
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

agreed, there was a lot of action and it was one of those games you would watch again and again. :smt023
AidanMcDowell

Post by AidanMcDowell »

Any video footage available anywhere? I'd particularly love to see Munster's four Kiwis doing their own Haka to the All Blacks.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

That was a cracking game of rugby and a cracking atmosphere for a match. Munster were leading 9-3 after 20 mins then NZ scored a try to lead 10-9 but in the 38th min Munster's, Barry Murphy scored a try on the right to give Munster a half time lead of 16-10. NZ kicked a penalty within a few mins of the restart to get it back to 16-13. The score stayed at that until 4 mins from the end when Rococoko made the break through which snatched victory for the clearly relieved ABs. The intensity of the game from both sides was something to behold. I was terribly torn during the match as I would have loved to see the Abs beaten but as a Leinster man I'd have had to consider emigration had that happened!
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

That was a cracking game of rugby and a cracking atmosphere for a match. Munster were leading 9-3 after 20 mins then NZ scored a try to lead 10-9 but in the 38th min Munster's, Barry Murphy scored a try on the right to give Munster a half time lead of 16-10. NZ kicked a penalty within a few mins of the restart to get it back to 16-13. The score stayed at that until 4 mins from the end when Rococoko made the break through which snatched victory for the clearly relieved ABs. The intensity of the game from both sides was something to behold. I was terribly torn during the match as I would have loved to see the Abs beaten but as a Leinster man I'd have had to consider emigration had that happened!
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

It was a cracking game from minute 1 and Munster were unlucky not to get a second win over the All Blacks. DVDs of this game available via a certain auction website.

:smt006 :smt006
Philip J Gray
Lansdowne RFC
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Lansdowne RFC »

Jesus said to John, "come forth and I'll give you a eternal life". John came fifth and won a toaster
Jim__2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jim__2 »

I think that the score was a great shame for Munster. Without blaming anybody for the score in the AB's victory, it shows what kind of team that they are.

They are a team that can show a lot of character when faced with a tremendous challenge. That challenge was to prevent Munster from beating them, more or less. And I think that's exactly what they did and did it the right time.

I still think that Munster could've won though.
Lansdowne RFC
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Lansdowne RFC »

John - I know how you feel :smt003

Another thirty years of plays and dramas. They were excellent last night, and seemed to have something in reserve no other side can produce. Even Tony McGahan said it, they were finished after 60 minutes. From the first minute, and break in play saw at least 1 Munster player go down, and it wasn't being cute with the clock. They were physically wrecked, but still managed to keep it going.
Mafi was unbelievable (yet his rush of blood probably cost them the game), and Warwick at 10. What a pity both of those played 7's Rugby for NZ and Australia, because they would both be Irish qualified by now. But the back row was sensational. Coughlan, at 27, is retiring at the end of the season. Unreal. And Niall Ronan. Discarded by Leinster, and he wouldn't make a Munster heineken Cup 22, but one of the best players on the pitch.

For the All Blacks, they have discovered an number 8 who looks more effective tan So'oialo. Liam Messam was immense.

Well done Munster. A fine effort
Jesus said to John, "come forth and I'll give you a eternal life". John came fifth and won a toaster
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

Brilliant game of rugby, the atmos was great.

I didn't want Munster to win however but if they had've I would've been chuffed for the players - not the fans :smt002
Leinster Heineken Cup champions 2009
Ireland Grand Slam champions 2009

http://sites.google.com/site/ritamarielawlor/