Tigers -Poor at Keeping Fans Updated

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Matt 'tiger' Joyce

Post by Matt 'tiger' Joyce »

They should gather up a group of nerds and give them a job of keeping this up to date! (if thats not their already doing) please tell me, i want to know who is playing for once!
Mgojoycego
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

bandido58 wrote:Yet another example of the slow reporting on the official website, the signing of Hamilton appeared as a story last tuesday in the Merc. quoting meyer as saying we would announce it in the next few days.

BBC and sky both reporting as confirmed today but still no word on here.

We were assured back in July that the poor standard of information was a priority and would be sorted - when is it going to happen?
Yes, keeping fans up to date MUST take priority over, say finishing work at a reasonable time, seeing your kids, eating, etc...

And as stated elsewhere, Tigers do not announce until the deal is signed and sealed. We wouldn't want a repeat of the Carlos Spencer fiasco.
bandido58

Post by bandido58 »

If meyer is talking to RL and telling them in time for the BBC to post at 4.09pm on Tuesday afternoon, surely the website team have time to put it on here and still get off by 5 and see the wife and kids?????
once a tiger always a tiger
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

It all went to pot when Sam Rossiter-Stead left because he was not allowed a smoke at half time!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

bandido58 wrote:If meyer is talking to RL and telling them in time for the BBC to post at 4.09pm on Tuesday afternoon, surely the website team have time to put it on here and still get off by 5 and see the wife and kids?????

Where was Meyer at the time? Was he able to give all the information to the Tigers Comms Officer? Was the Comms Officer actually at work? Was he in a meeting? Was he off sick?
It's very unfair to keep criticising when you really have no idea of what people may be doing.
bandido58

Post by bandido58 »

The point I, along with many others, are making is that the purpose of this website is to keep people informed on all things to do with tigers. Plainly this is not happening. In case after case this website is unbelievably slow at letting us know what is happening.

I am not pointing fingers at individuals, the criticism is of the management of the website.
Back in July the club acknowledged the problem and said that it was a temporary problem which would be sorted in a couple of weeks. It plainly hasn't been.
With regard to your point about where was meyer at the time, I would imagine that if he was giving an interview to RL then he would have been somewhere close to Leicester, in all likelihood at the ground or Oval Park. It also must be stated that surely he isn't the only person with knowledge of this deal that could speak to the comms office is he?

whether the comms office are not being spoken to or whether they are not reporting what is communicated to them I'm not sure. What I am sure of is that this website is plainly not informing us in the way it should.
SA Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by SA Tiger »

I am a “new” Tigers supporter and I feel the same way about this website. Being in South Africa I rely on the internet to keep up to date with what is happening at Tigers. I don’t have a radio station or newspapers at my disposal to get information about Tigers. I should be able to get my daily info on what is happening at the Tigers on this website. But I am not getting any information here. I have to rely on other rugby websites.

I feel that if the vision for this club is to cater for n global fan base they should start looking after international supporters like me. And get this website running smooth with up to date information.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Meyer may have confirmed that he has signed Hamilton but the club, as it has done in the past, will only make the announcement when all the contracts, visas and the finer details have been sorted and the ink has dried.
Whilst I am would like to know what is going on within the Club, I would prefer to have fact rather than rumours.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Whilst most people are alarmed by the out of date nature of this site, there are those (frequently people who are 'closer' to the club) who defend it on the grounds that:

"yeah, well, we update it now and then, when we can be a**ed, why don't you all shut up?"

I'm sorry but this is the 21st century, and successful enterprises (you know, tiny little corporates like Walmart, News International, BMW) pour a big proportion of their turnover into improving the way they interact with their clients via the web.

There may still be those who toddle off to the post office to buy their Newtown Unthank Gazette off Mrs Scroggins and get their new that way.

But most people wanting information about anything, visit the appropriate website and expect it to be there.

Maybe it doesn't suit those backroom staff at WR but I'm afraid that's the way the world has gone.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
bandido58

Post by bandido58 »

Tigerbeat wrote:Meyer may have confirmed that he has signed Hamilton but the club, as it has done in the past, will only make the announcement when all the contracts, visas and the finer details have been sorted and the ink has dried.
Whilst I am would like to know what is going on within the Club, I would prefer to have fact rather than rumours.
Tigerbeat are you suggesting that our coach is talking to other media without the full knowledge of the club?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

I am sure that the Club are aware that the signing of Hamilton has been in the media but they will only make the official announcement when all the details are complete.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
bandido58

Post by bandido58 »

I understand that, in your role as mod. you have to put the clubs side occasionally but surely if it is solid enough for Meyer to announce to RL and sky then it should be on the club site??
SA Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by SA Tiger »

bandido58 wrote:I understand that, in your role as mod. you have to put the clubs side occasionally but surely if it is solid enough for Meyer to announce to RL and sky then it should be on the club site??
I am backing you up 100% on this statement..!!!!!
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

All excellent points.....

However taking a step back a moment I think this is more a problem due to the current culture of the world in which we live.

Bear with me on this but (and this is the grumpy old git in me coming to the fore) I remember watching the news and seeing reports on factual information which had happened or was due to happen. Now you turn the news on and what you get is the odd fact (sometimes!) surrounded by and padded out with lots and lots of speculation and opinion.

Personally I would prefer just the facts.

The same is said of this website - obviously it's good to keep it fresh and interesting as this engages with the fans and meets some of that need but the fact is the business of Tigers is playing rugby and winning matches and I'd rather have nothing on the website other than the pictures of the trophies we've won in the season........

:smt024
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.