Stewards and Clubhouse stand

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

AndrewL

Stewards and Clubhouse stand

Post by AndrewL »

I couldn't help but notice on Saturday that around 7 to 8 stewards "patrolled" the end of the pitch in front of the Clubhouse stand during half time seemingly looking out for trouble. There weren't any on any other sides of the pitch/in front of other stands. Access to the pitch from there isn't any easier than elsewhere.

If I was sensitive about such things I could feel victimised :smt009 - are we more rowdy than anyone else? have there been problems in the past? is it because more away team ticket holders are there? what are they looking for?

Not a major burning issue but thought I'd ask you knowledgeable lot anyway.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

One can only think its due to the greater proportion of away supporters. Not that I've ever heard of anything untoward over there.
gman

Post by gman »

They did the same at the start of last season, spent the whole game scanning for trouble makers, I wonder if it's a new intake of steward each year. Maybe they've been on a course! In a few months they'll calm down I'm sure. Doesn't make for a very nice atmosphere in a way.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Judging by the comments on here about drunks, and people making donkey noises during kicks, I should think the stewards are doing the right thing.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
ginge

Post by ginge »

I did notice that the stewards were very keen to keep the exit/entrance area to the CAT stand free to allow a smooth flow of traffic, probably due to the restrictions the building work is causing. The Supervisor steward really needs lessons in customer service skills and verbal explanations, instead of just grunting at people.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I thought most of the troublemakers are in the Crumblie?

That would make sense though because then they can act 'hard' in front of the Clubhouse which is mainly a family stand.
midlands-fan

Post by midlands-fan »

:smt013 gkbradley, I stand in the Crumbie and me and my hubby are not trouble makers, we stand with another couple who go to watch excellent Tigers games (well most of the time).

I have never seen any trouble while I've been coming, but saying that there is a new guy who does make stupid when the opposition go for a kick.
Mad-Midland-Fan
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Well, I'm on the Crumbie terrace, and of late there have been more people drinking a lot, acting the fool (making noise during kicks and yelling what I would call abuse at players) and generally being a bit obnoxious. It's not confined to the Crumbie - terrace or seats - for certain, my friend sits in the A&L and has commented on attitudes and general demeanour of the few having gone downhill recently. Thankfully it is only a few though.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Let standards be maintained at all costs!

Power to our collective elbows!

KEEP THE FAITH!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Sherpa2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sherpa2 »

When LI were warming up behind the posts at the A&L end just before half time I did tell them in my normal dulcet tones that I thought they were dancing very nicely and I wondered if they also played rugby? Peter Richards didn't look too chuffed but I do hope that's not counted as abuse :emb:
I used to be indecisive now I just can't make up my mind
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Sounds like welcoming banter to me!!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Goffer3404
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goffer3404 »

And I feel the Richards almost had the last laugh on you Sherpa2!
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

I always guessed the stewards standing on the pitch in front of the clubhouse stand did so because there aren't any places for them to keep an eye on the crowd from within the stand itself.

In the Crumbie, the A&L and the Cat Stands, stewards can stand on the stairs and at the tunnel entrances, but that doesn't seem to be possible in the 'temporary' stand.
It's only cheating if you get caught.