Premiership Players to Watch

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Premiership Players to Watch

Post by bc »

The BBC in it's wisdom has decided that Tigers have no players worth watching. Not sure I would agree but then I am biased.
I guess this puts the focus on others though.
http://tinyurl.com/5lacug
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

Wisdom? Yeah, right! :smt005

I shall be watching Tigers whatever the BBC says. Their criteria are rather random (foreign or ex-League)so it can only be a good thing to be unfashionable and not worthy of watching.

I predict that everyone will be watching us come the back end of the season.

TIGERS! TIGERS!
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

Daveboy...my sentiments exactly!
Tim M

Post by Tim M »

Careful what you say..............

I seem to remember commenting on an anti Tigers bias by the BBC a few months ago and got ripped to shreds on here :smt002
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

Come on guys! We all know our game is not a one man thing, its a seaon long squad thing.
So let them focus on "Ones to watch" Its the TIGERS squad that they all will see as we show what teamwork really means
NorthantsTiger

Post by NorthantsTiger »

Looking forward to seeing how all the new players work this season. will Ashton be just a flash in the pan or does he have the genuine class to succeed? Also will the much hyped Hape finally end the curse of the league converts and actually be a league player who is actually any good? :smt002

On Tigers recruits cant wait to see Newby in action heard very good things about him, and obviously Flood in partnership with Ellis, should be good for both Tigers and England!!
"In Arduis Fidelius"
k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by k1 »

There are some (potentially at least) interesting players to watch listed.

Hape at Bath was a brave move, especially considering the flop that was Chev Walker - there last league convert.

Chris Ashton scored for fun in ND1, but whether he can step up to the prem is a different matter altogether.

Personally, I can't wait to see Latham. IMO he's been the best full-back of the last decade and is one of the most consistent performers in world rugby.

One that isn't on the list is Van Heerden, the Saracens backrower. I think he could have a major impact on the prem this season, and is, perhaps, one of the reasons many, including myself, are tipping Sarries as an outside bet this year to make the playoffs