Ref Link

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Welsh Rob

Ref Link

Post by Welsh Rob »

As the new season is quickly approaching, does anyone know where I can purchase a Ref Link for the forthcoming season.

It is mentioned in the newsletter, but I can't see it on the website.
To be born Welsh is to be born privileged not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but Music in your blood and Poetry in your Soul
Rlinksteve
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Rlinksteve »

Reflink will once again be at Welford Road for the forthcoming season.

Should you want further information about purchasing a Reflink, please contact our office on 01225 835553.

Regards

Steve
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

But will it be on the same frequency as last year Steve or will we be forced to buy new kits?

And will the same frequency be used at all GP grounds this season?
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Don't be silly! Cousre it won't. How else they gonna make any money!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I'm pretty sure it will be a different frequency to last season, don't know about it being the same at all the grounds though. And they did sell them in the shop last season.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Northampton are claiming that they will be available to use at all GP games this season but that sets will not be available to purchase until the opening GP game.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

I have to agree with BJ. The quality of the kit and (more importantly) the actual service would have to improve before I would invest in another one. Shame, and maybe I was unlucky, but I experienced too many problems and didn't bother bringing it for the last few matches.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I used my own headphones with a standard jack plug and apart from wind noise and occasional directional problems, on the terrace it was fine, and actually quite useful - both for the information aboout play, and for blocking out a few loudmouthed drunken oafs from time to time :smt002
Demelza - another Mother
Sherpa2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sherpa2 »

I won't be bothering this year on three counts - firstly I did find it a bit distracting and that it seemed to detract a bit from the atmosphere (that might have something to do with being in the A&L stand though :smt002 ).

Secondly, I don't need it anymore as I am now an expert having listened to the ref for a whole season :smt001

And, thirdly, Mrs Sherpa will being sitting next to me this term and I am not brave enough to risk missing anything she may deem to say.....
I used to be indecisive now I just can't make up my mind
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Rizzo wrote:I used my own headphones with a standard jack plug and apart from wind noise and occasional directional problems, on the terrace it was fine, and actually quite useful - both for the information aboout play, and for blocking out a few loudmouthed drunken oafs from time to time :smt002
There are loud mouthed drunken oafs on the terrace Rizzo?
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

From time to time, Bill, yes. I stand at the A&L end and it gets a little irritating when someone behind you keeps yelling "Not straight!" at every line out, even if it takes place at the Clubhouse end on the ticket office side!
Demelza - another Mother
Rlinksteve
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Rlinksteve »

The Reflink recievers have been changed and improvemnets made. The sets that were purchased last year will not work.

BONUS: Reflink is going to be available at away games at Northampton, Bath and Worcester - Take your Reflink along with you when you travel to these away games.

The frequency is different to last year's, but this year's "Ref ! Link" will get the Referee at Bath, Northampton and Worcester.

The Price is £25 each, but people who had them last year get them for £20. You will need to hand last years in or provide proof of purchase.

NEW IMPROVED REF! LINK
AND ELV’S
• Different Frequency • Encrypted
• Pre-tuned • Full range FM Radio
• Hear the Referee
• Learn the “ELV’sâ€￾
(new laws)
• FM Radio for your
Favourite Radio Station
• One ear piece
(still chat to your mates)
A Must for for every Tiger Supporter
£25
(Same as last year)
(No fine tuning)
Now available from Reflink at:
The Square, Wellow
Bath BA2 8QE
01225 835553
e-mail: [email protected]
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Rizzo wrote:From time to time, Bill, yes. I stand at the A&L end and it gets a little irritating when someone behind you keeps yelling "Not straight!" at every line out, even if it takes place at the Clubhouse end on the ticket office side!
My sympathy Rizzo! They need a dose of Pam B's elbows!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
GrumpyDad

Reflink

Post by GrumpyDad »

I seriously hope they are better than last year, the quality was very poor a lot of the time, either getting deafened, or getting no sound at all. :smt019 The headphones were very poor quality (similar to the quality of a garage forecourt freebee), so I used a proper set of my own, and the battery died without any warning, meaning that I missed all one match. The wife thought it was funny though as I stopped shouting at the ref :censored:

Mind you, it did let you hear Cozza swearing at the other players when things were not going well, during a break in play :smt023