Seru fined by the club

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

Why do you need to know all the facts??? Its a private work matter between employer & employee, would you really want the whole world to know all your private work details, i think not, so why not just leave it rather than harping on & on about it.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

tigerman wrote:Why do you need to know all the facts??? Its a private work matter between employer & employee, would you really want the whole world to know all your private work details, i think not, so why not just leave it rather than harping on & on about it.
Well in most if not all professional walks of life the transcripts of disciplinary hearings are published. And indeed the RFU have published transcripts of previous hearings including the reasons for the choice of sentence.

It is called transparency.

If Tigers (and the RFU) wish to keep things secret why did they tell us the hearings were taking place? And why leak the sentences to the press?
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
tigerzzz

Post by tigerzzz »

Bill W wrote:
tigerzzz wrote:
Seru asked before he played the first tournament. He was told that he couldn't play, but he did it anyways, was told he'd get punished etc etc....he then went and played two more tournaments! the guy is an idiot
Source please?
no can do but I can assure you it's genuine
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

tigerzzz wrote: no can do but I can assure you it's genuine
I do not doubt its genuineness - but it would gain credibility if it came from an authoritative source.

And if it is indeed true - why do Tigers and RFU not publish it?
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
MPG

Hearing transcript

Post by MPG »

The RFU will publish the transcript of the hearing (as do ERC) but it usually takes sometime for them to do so - especially if there is likely to be an appeal.

No appeal in this case now I believe - but holiday season may also have something to do with the delay.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Parkinson's Law of Delay (aka Parkinson Fifth Law)

Delay is the deadliest form of denial

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

As if my magic, this thread is now restored! Great!!

RFU transcript still unnavailable. News from Tigers absent.

So are "the facts" as ascribed to Simon Cohen indeed true. And what explanation is there for the "two week lag"?

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

It has always been there as far I know.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

It wasn't 45 minutes ago. Some transparency at least has been restored!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

To the best of my knowledge if a thread is deleted it cannot be retrieved. Neither Tigerbeat nor I deleted any threads today.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Ah!!! The unknown hand of the great censor in the sky!!!!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

It is now over four weeks ago (July 24th) that Seru was banned.

And still the transcript of the hearing is not available on the RFU website nor has their been any official announcement by Tigers of the results of their own internal disciplinary procedures.

No explanation is available from the RFU or from Tigers as to their acceptance of, the two week pause between the end of his previous ban (under which he played sevens) and the commencement of the nine week ban.

Why?

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Why don't you try emailing either or both and asking?
I doubt you'll get a reply explaining anything on a messageboard.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I have Rizzo.

But the issue is not whether they can offer explanations to me or others as private individuals but why these explanations are kept out of the public domain and merely dealt with by "leaks" to the press.

A significant lack of transparency.

An (effective) 11 week ban, plus financial punishments surely deserves some public explanation.

Makes the FIA fine on Ferrari of Euros 10000 look clean!!! (Had Maclaren done the same it would have been an immediate drive through!!)

Clearly Wheeler though "dissapointed" accepted that the club and Seru were guilty. The two week pause he has not challenged. I may (or may not) accept his reasons and the RFU's reasons for applying what I believe is an unprecidented sentence.

I do, however, believe that the RFU and the Club have a duty to publish these reasons. Not, necessarily, because I disagree with them, but becuase I do believe in transparency.

And that is why I post this on this board.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

And still the RFU and Tigers remain silent. Take my hat of to you Peter, superb skills in getting RFU to go along with your "sweeping it under the carpet!" Brilliant!!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007