Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

And more:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.j ... ick102.xml

Go to it Martin!! Apply boot to backsides!! And don't forget those upstairs - big target there!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Paul Rees's take:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/ju ... rugbyunion

Interesting throw away line re Ashton. Could prove embarrassing for Randrew and Barron - and expensive to RFU.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

kornboy130 wrote:Don't worry about 606 - conspiracy theorists and muppets most of them.
You mean Alan Green and Spoony? :smt003
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
TigerTimmy

Post by TigerTimmy »

From the Times article...

Oct 26: Squads assemble for four internationals at Twickenham.
Nov 8: England v Pacific Islanders.
Nov 15: England v Australia.
Nov 22: England v South Africa.
Nov 29: England v New Zealand.

That's a really long time (5 weekends) to be without all our England players!
www.myspace.com/polarbeauty (Random electronic doodlings)
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

It's only one weekend longer than it would have been under the previous agreement. The 4th International (the PRL have agreed to every 2 years) makes it look worse.

However it is proof that money talks louder than the fans in this modern professional era as the clubs agreed to this new deal when they saw the amount of money on the table for them (regardless of what we the fans would have preferred).

Even the Tigers Board supported the new deal in the end thnks to the cash on offer despite it meaning we would lose so many players & them knowing that the fans didn't want it!
Tammy Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by Tammy Tiger »

Where is Mark Cueto, is he injured, if he isn't it seems that MJ hasn't got much time for Sale.
I was suprised Tom Biggs wasn't included, could it be that if he stays with Leeds he has no international future, perhaps it would help to move to a bigger club, maybe one that is based in the Midlands, maybe one that plays in green.
I was listening to Five Live last night and they said that the money was based on how many players you have in the squad and there was a bonus for having over 65% English qualified players.
I am on the Terrace - What's
Happening
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Tammy Tiger wrote:Where is Mark Cueto
Thankfully no where near either squad. I haven't personally rated his play for nearly 2 years now.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Tammy Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by Tammy Tiger »

I get your point, but considering he was in the world cup final and was within an inch of perhaps winning it for England only last year it is a spectacular fall from grace.
I am on the Terrace - What's
Happening
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

there's a lot of moaning on the BBC messageboard stating that it is too Leicester top heavy which was expected from Johnno..... which is a load of tosh.

Johnno is his own man and he'll choose whose best whatever club a player comes from.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Bearded.Biker
Tiger Cub

Post by Bearded.Biker »

Given that reasoning MJ must have been a Wasps player then.

Out of the 64 players picked for the Elite/Saxons squads the insects have 2 more representatives than Tigers! LOL