On to the French Top 14 final

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

On to the French Top 14 final

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

This is it ! My beloved team was fairly and duly eliminated in perfect compliance with all acknowledged rugby rules. We were beat all over the park by a stronger and more exciting Toulouse side.

In fair play, I'll now support ASM Clermont-Auvergne with all my heart.

And this is it ! Through groveling, begging and throwing away the remnants of my dignity, I managed to have two tickets for tonight. I had to swear over a steaming dish of Toulouse sausage that I won't reveal who sold me the tickets (without making any profit; I never thought I'd find a gentleman in a Toulouse shirt)

Ever been to a French shield final ? Hey, it sounds like football in there : in a jammed-packed-cramped-blocked 80,000 seats Stade de France the yellow and blues are going to try and overshout the black and reds, amidst a strong smell of pastis. You just forget about fair play and throw all you have at the ref. To the notable exception of Paris Stade Français' supporters, all the other believers hiss like mad during kicks.

Both teams are splendid this year so we can expect the very best of rugby (or the toughest of trench wars). To be followed : Kelleher (9) and Médard (14 or 15) for Stade Toulousain, Napolioni Nalaga (11) or Brock James (10) for Clermont.

GO ASM ! ALLEZ LES JAUNES ! What ? I know it ain't my club, but everyone loves to hate a Touloiusain, they're so damn arrogant !
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
tigerfeet13
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerfeet13 »

You can find this game on Eurosport 2 (Sky 411)

The programme starts at 7:45pm

Not sure I'll be able to watch. I have Set Sky+ to record.

The wife's contractions are about 8 minutes apart.
Hopefully Tigerfeet Jr No. 2 will be home to find out who our new coach is!
Snowdrop

tigerfeet

Post by Snowdrop »

To Tigerfeet Snr, good luck for the impending birth. Just make sure when the wee one arrives you use both hands to catch the pass, and at all costs, avoid the knock on!
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

Agreed.

Best of luck, Tigerfeet. :smt001
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Have poured large gin to wet Tigerfeet juniors head! Regards and all best wishes to Mrs Tigerfeet.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

A terrific match, at least for the first hour anyway. Massively intense, bodies everywhere, huge collisions and played at a very fast pace. No wonder Clermont fell apart towards the end, they just ran themselves to a standstill.

How Toulouse must wish that they could have brought that level of intensity to the HEC final. Deserved winners.
tigerfeet13
Silver Member
Silver Member

Update on Tigerfeet Jr

Post by tigerfeet13 »

Tigerfeet Jr proving a little shy!

Got to watch the game.

Obviously far to comforable inside Mrs Tigerfeet.

Will keep you posted!
CelticTiger

Post by CelticTiger »

Kelleher was simply immense and has signed on for another year. The late match Toulousain "pick and go" time-wasting homage to Munster was a nice touch.

Four tries and blood and thunder offensive rugby-great stuff, even though dishonoured by a very very poor (once again) Eurosport commentary.
If it's entertainment you want there's always the Opera House! (Munster Website post HC)
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Toulouse is a splendid winner. Kelleher is a great player, his influence on the game is enormous : how many scrum halves do rush to the lineout to grab the ball and succeed at it ?

I am gutted for Clermont supporters : they sung so hard at the beginning of the match that they oversung the Toulousains in their own end of the stadium. They never saw a title and it's their ninth lost final.

Unfortunately for me the game was spoiled by a rude, drunk, strong and utterly stupid Toulouse supporter who started insulting me when he saw my pink shirt (I wear my club's colour on match day, whatever the match). Starting a fight in the Stade de France would have brought me to court in a dash, and most likely to hospital as the bloke was much stronger than me and accompanied by two male friends, me being alone with a lady.

Aaaanyway, best rugby game of the season, a true climax, and Myriam, the young toulousain lady was so enthused that I almost had her divorcing her husband.

Now to the next season. I have to admit that Stade Français was never close to being a serious contender for this year's title. Well done Toulouse (sour grapes)
Swiggles
Tiger Cub

Post by Swiggles »

Ze Stade Fan wrote:
Now to the next season. I have to admit that Stade Français was never close to being a serious contender for this year's title. Well done Toulouse (sour grapes)
I guess u will be coming to Ulster next season then
What is the difference between a teaspoon and Man U?

The teaspoon stays in the cup longer
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Actually Belfast is the top of my list of "must go there". Stade Français never won there. Could that be a first ?
CelticTiger

Post by CelticTiger »

What's the latest on Stade for 2008-9, ZSF?? Some players best years are behind them, others are underperforming and the younger ones are not quite up to it yet. Will there be a big raid on Montpelier or a big influx of S. Hemisphere players?
If it's entertainment you want there's always the Opera House! (Munster Website post HC)
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

CelticTiger wrote:What's the latest on Stade for 2008-9, ZSF?? Some players best years are behind them, others are underperforming and the younger ones are not quite up to it yet. Will there be a big raid on Montpelier or a big influx of S. Hemisphere players?
I could speak with a quite senior Stade Français' staff member who happens to know who our new signings are. He said "I can't tell you any names but wait for big surpises."

2nd row Auradou and scrum half Pichot were fired from second division Racing Métro as teh club lost the final of the second division. They're expected back at Stade but it might be a red herring as they are old and Pichot had some words with our President.

Now people speculate that, with the coming of Ewen McKenzie, half the south Hemisphere is gonna play in Paris. Even McKenzie says that his phone keeps ringing. Wait and see...
nenes
Tiger Cub

Post by nenes »

CelticTiger

Post by CelticTiger »

What's French for "gloating"?
Toulousain!!!