Gold Member
Gold Member

No Kiss for Tigers

Post by Lea »

tigerfeet13
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerfeet13 »

:smt058 Don't think we were chasing him too hard (Kiss Chase?) given that we seem to be on the verge of signing up Mayer and he will no doubt want to bring in some of his own team, especially with the announcement of Back and Key leaving to join leeds. :smt006
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

That's a relief. I didn't think Paul Stanley & Gene Simmonds knew a lot about scrumaging. Even though they can write a good tune. Well an occasional good tune.
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Tigerfeet13 - according to press reports I think it was Meyer who was in discussion with Kiss - wanted him as part of his team, as defence coach. Not to be.
SabreTooth

Post by SabreTooth »

Is there no possibility he could hold down both jobs a la Wales?
Tigers are remarkable for their strength and speed. They are named tiger for their speed, because in the language of the Medes and Persians the word for arrow is tigris.
KingKong(2.15)
Tiger Cub

Post by KingKong(2.15) »

Imagine the Tigers haka if Kiss came and did the coaching. Novelty long tongues, make up and fake blood everywhere. That would scare the opposition.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

I doubt he'd take a job with us AND Ireland - seeing as Edwards already had a long standing loyalty to Wasps when he took the Wales job - Kiss does not hae sucha loyalty to us. Opens the door for McFarland then.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

McFarland is the obvious choice, given his success working with Meyer.

For those interested I put a brief biog of McFarland and a bit more background on Meyer on t'other thread.
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

How realistic is Meyer's appointment? And if so, how soon? If Mcfarland does come as defence coach now that Back's departure has cleared the way, then does anyone know if he'll bring an attack coach with him, or are the board looking to make their own appointment, and who?
That's a lot of questions, but time is ticking on and I want to see the coaching setup in and settled asap to make a running start to preseason.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

KingKong(2.15) wrote:Imagine the Tigers haka if Kiss came and did the coaching. Novelty long tongues, make up and fake blood everywhere. That would scare the opposition.
And think of the boots!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

FrontRowUnionMember - Matt O'Connor was mentioned in the Mail Article as who Meyer wants to bring with him.