Latest Rumours: Coaches

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Bill W wrote:
Bill W wrote:Nothing less than four trophies and no defeats in any competition next season will do now.
Not satisfying me daily, satisfying he standards they are setting themselves........
I am not setting the targets. They are being demanded by "the board". Fair enough - but they must judge their own decisions on that basis. If, in their judgement, ML was unlikely to bring about those achievements then they themselves must have had a viable alternative. Else they are not doing their job, as they have judged ML was not likely to do his.
Bill, I see absolutely no evidence that "the board" (as opposed to 'this board') have set an undefeated season with 3 x senior trophies plus the A league trophy as the benchmark for success.

It is quite clear that noone would deliver such a season.

To claim that such a criteria exists, even if only by association, is just mischief making.
triage

Post by triage »

Bill W wrote:
Nothing less than four trophies and no defeats in any competition next season will do now.
Bill I totally believe you may not win anything next year....with a third coach in as many seasons tactics and training will be totally different for each...it will take time to bed another new coach in...especially if ML upset the changing room a lot of the team harmony will be non existent....it will take time to get that back.

I am not saying you definitely wont win anything as there is a possibility it will work the other way....just be prepared for (by the tigers standards) a bad season.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein 1879-1955
Gizmo
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Gizmo »

The Board may have felt that things would continue to get worse under ML, therefore a performance next season equivalent to this season's could be seen as an improvement (because the slide would have been stopped). Depending how far they thought we would slide, a performance worse than this season's could also represent an improvement.
k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by k1 »

Don't know whether this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I believe there is a rumour that Paul Burke is going to be coaching at Leicester next season (I think it may say so in Rugby World). That raises interesting questions about Gibbo coming as a backs coach, or would Burke be a kicking coach?
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Burke as a kicking/academy coach i believe.
k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by k1 »

Cheers, kb
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Just a thought from left field....Noticed that the Team Manager at Wasps had moved on and been replaced but didn't say where he was going. P'raps it's role that Tigers might be thinking of instead of a Director of Rugby and so leaving the vacancy as a pure coaching role. :smt017

http://www.guinnesspremiership.com/254_24080.php
A2O
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by 1966 »

ay2oh wrote:Just a thought from left field....Noticed that the Team Manager at Wasps had moved on and been replaced but didn't say where he was going. P'raps it's role that Tigers might be thinking of instead of a Director of Rugby and so leaving the vacancy as a pure coaching role. :smt017

http://www.guinnesspremiership.com/254_24080.php
Is this another example of Wasps struggling to develop and promote from within, or there desire to recruit the best talent they possibly can at all levels of the club.