We are the rugby Chelsea!!!!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ChrisTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by ChrisTiger »

Would we have been in the finals without ML? Possibly. Would we have won them? Possibly.
The big question is what has been wrong all season? Tackling (or lack thereof) has been our biggest problem. A complete inability at times to defend. Slow to the breakdown. Concedeing turnovers. A misfiring 'drift' defence that alows oppositions to run at us while we try and tackle from a standstill. Prime example is Herrings flap in the GP final.

Defence is what let us down and unless i am mistaken it is Neil Back's name nailed on that office door.
Official Company Mushroom.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Given that Chelski have just appointed a foreign manager with a decent international pedigree, poor command of English, and who has never coached a European club side before, I like to think that they are becoming the Leicester Tigers of the Football world. :smt003
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

ChrisTiger wrote:Would we have been in the finals without ML? Possibly. Would we have won them? Possibly.
The big question is what has been wrong all season? Tackling (or lack thereof) has been our biggest problem. A complete inability at times to defend. Slow to the breakdown. Concedeing turnovers. A misfiring 'drift' defence that alows oppositions to run at us while we try and tackle from a standstill. Prime example is Herrings flap in the GP final.

Defence is what let us down and unless i am mistaken it is Neil Back's name nailed on that office door.
No, its pinned on the door of Neil Back along with a host of other things. Yes, Neil Back is in charge of Defense but thats not all he does.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Tim _Tim_Tiger_Lily

Post by Tim _Tim_Tiger_Lily »

We r like chelsea. Grant is like Loffreda, both lead ther teams 2 a lesser tourne final, Chelsea= carling cup, tigers= EDF! Both lost 2 teams they shud have beaten, Spurs and Ospreys! Both managers fell short in important finals! BOTH TOOK CHARGE OF THE TEAM LATER IN2 THE NORMAL SEASON!
fallingwithstyle

Post by fallingwithstyle »

It's done - let it pass.

The worrying thing now is what happens if a coach - anyone - comes in and at Christmas we're languishing in say sixth, and off the pace in the HC as well? Will the board sack that coach?

Either way that thought in the back of your head is hardly helpful to a newcomer wanting to learn the club and build.
triage

Post by triage »

Tim _Tim_Tiger_Lily wrote:We r like chelsea. Grant is like Loffreda, both lead ther teams 2 a lesser tourne final, Chelsea= carling cup, tigers= EDF! Both lost 2 teams they shud have beaten, Spurs and Ospreys! Both managers fell short in important finals! BOTH TOOK CHARGE OF THE TEAM LATER IN2 THE NORMAL SEASON!
although chelsea got to the european finals and you stayed in the group stages. :smt002
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein 1879-1955
ChrisTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by ChrisTiger »

TheTigerRoarsInTheHeart wrote:
ChrisTiger wrote:Would we have been in the finals without ML? Possibly. Would we have won them? Possibly.

No, its pinned on the door of Neil Back along with a host of other things. Yes, Neil Back is in charge of Defense but thats not all he does.
From the tigers Coaching Staff page: "he now finds himself on the academy's coaching staff, as part of his role as the club's technical director, as well as looking after the first team's defence on a full-time basis." Jack of all trades yet master of none?
Official Company Mushroom.
billy_hyslop

Post by billy_hyslop »

as both a tigers and a chelsea fan i have to say both grant and lofredda where GOOD coaches, but there both coaching GREAT teams. yea both teams did alright, but neither team won silverware?

altough chelsea and tigers both made it to 2 finals, neither of them managed to win anything
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

It's you then! Loser!

:smt003
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!