Tigers confirm Flood's signing!!

Post by wolverhampton_tiger »

tigerfeet13
Silver Member
Silver Member

AT LAST

Post by tigerfeet13 »

Well at least (and at last!) that's another positive signing. :smt023

All we need to do is sort out a coaching structure, a captain and sort out our game plan for next year!
:smt024
Last edited by tigerfeet13 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hairy Egg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Hairy Egg »

One of the worst kept secrets in Tigers history??

Great signing in my opinion, I look forward to to seeing him run out onto the hallowed turf in a Tigers shirt. :smt023
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

HOORAY - confirmation at last!!

May the drip-feeding of good news to cheer the punters continue.
Bud
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bud »

Dear G,

Told you so.

Thanks,
Ed
Ed
adytiger2000

Toby flood

Post by adytiger2000 »

first post so here goes, Flood arrivivng is as most have said the worst kept secret to date but now the debate must start for where he will play best, if you look at the BBC sport forum it already has him head to head with Goode, at last some competition for the No 10 shirt
Adytiger2000
bandido58

Post by bandido58 »

Well at least we know that messrs Wheeler and Tom read the message boards, one piece of 'good' news a day to try and appease the dissenters!!

My question is this; why now? the guy is in New Zealand for goodness sake, surely Mr Cohen hasn't blagged a jolly to NZ to finish off 5 and a half weeks of negotiations? Perhaps if he has he could stop off in joburg on the way back and sign JW as head coach?

On a serious note, well done the two Peter's for securing a real upcoming player of World class.
once a tiger always a tiger
Cliffeclimber
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cliffeclimber »

Brilliant news. Now all we need are the coaches who will get the best out of him, and help him continue to improve.
Coby

Post by Coby »

Finally!!! some competition for Goode, perhaps Flood can reach his true potential with us :smt001 great signing
Its No7 nature to never give in, give up or settle for second best.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

A quality player of great potential. Very good hands and has the ability to put men in space, although short of a little gas.

It'll be interesting to see if he 'fixes' at 10, or whether he bounces between 10 and 12. He's always struck me as one of the few players capable of playing both with equal efficiency.
nursy
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by nursy »

I can't believe this sorry state of affairs. It appears that we have signed half of the poorest performing premiership sides in history. Fans are happy??????
They didn't perform for a impotent Newcastle side, a castrated english side and now a rudderless Tigers side. BEHAVE GET A GRIP and find a DECENT FLY HALF and a tied and tested coach. What is wrong with the world?????????
tigerseb
Tiger Cub

Post by tigerseb »

"What is wrong with the world?" :smt012
You meen what is wrong with you "nursey"!
We have signed one of the best young players currently in England. Floody has huge potential, hes still a young lad and already got himself a handful of caps for England. Hes a versatile player, whether we stuck him at 10, theres plenty of proof he can kick confidently. Or whether he plays 12, hes got great hands, hes a play maker! Personally this is our best signing so far!

So because "they didnt perform at a impotent Newcastle" this makes Flood a bad player? Ridiculous, and instead of telling the tigers board to get a grip, you get a grip and do your research before you talk rubbish .

Rant over, case closed :smt003

Northants Tiger
murphy15
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by murphy15 »

Flood is a superb player and a steadying influence when kicking, either from hand or off the tee. A very sensible signing!
Ka mate, ka mate! Ka ora! ka ora!
Ka mate! Ka mate! Ka ora! Ka ora!
Tçnei te tangata pûhuruhuru
Nâna nei i tiki mai whakawhiti te râ
A upa ... ne! ka upa ... ne!
A upane kaupane whiti te ra!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

nursy wrote:I can't believe this sorry state of affairs. It appears that we have signed half of the poorest performing premiership sides in history. Fans are happy??????
They didn't perform for a impotent Newcastle side, a castrated english side and now a rudderless Tigers side. BEHAVE GET A GRIP and find a DECENT FLY HALF and a tied and tested coach. What is wrong with the world?????????
nursy, I'm sorry and I acknowledge your views, but I honestly think your post is bonkers.

Just for starters ..... who exactly are these 7-8 Newcastle players that we've signed?
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

:smt003

Fabulous news! Welcome Toby Flood.

Nursy - sounds like you could do with some Prozac. Cheer up!