We are the rugby Chelsea!!!!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

deema1

We are the rugby Chelsea!!!!!!

Post by deema1 »

I've been a season ticket holder for a few years, but never posted a message, but now I feel I have to. He has had 5 months, the back of a World Cup, injuries, made 2 Twickenham finals and we then sack our Boss. The statement says nothing, I think the board are more interested in money, and today its sad to be a Tigers fan!!!!We are moving more towards the way football is run and it worries me.
KingKong(2.15)
Tiger Cub

Post by KingKong(2.15) »

yep.

Though not quite as bad as inter milan (?) who sacked their coach after actually winning the league, not just getting to the final.
BSimkin
Tiger Cub

Post by BSimkin »

When Loffreda was brought in it was publisised that here was a man who would understand the amateur ethos still present in our club, it's traditions, pride and links with the community.

Today that all seems a farce. This is the most undignified and quite frankly ridiculous sacking of a rugby coach in the Northern Hemisphere. When the behaviour of the board is akin to the most irratic of football owners then the old traditions that made our game different are over here and with implications for the entire Guiness premiership. This is for eccentricity alone a level up from what happened to Ashton.

The behaviour of some fans this year has been highlighted in the forum. Football style incidents that were not coming to light 3 years ago let alone 10.
I do not know what happened behind closed doors but Loffreda would need to have done something very unprofessional to make todays events acceptable, and there is no indication he did.

The men at the top have set a classless example by hiring and firing a top international coach after two thirds of a season for little obvious reason other than he was an outsider whose face didn't fit. Looks like we are going the way of the round ball. "Stand up if you hate the insects."
BRCS
PAW

Post by PAW »

Like Deema1, I have never posted before but as a convert from fairy ball, converted by that games greed and cynicism, I am ashamed of Tigers tonight.
There may be things we dont know about but 8 months in a foreign country, surrounded by someones elses players and coaches and still two finals? How long did we give Pat before we got anywhere near silverwhere?
Will the board who appointed Marcelo now consider their own competance to serve? Will a new coach see the daggers in the shadows and be allowed to sweep away the backroom?
Good look Marcelo. If you read these boards tonight you will see how teh fans feel.
cornish_tiger

Post by cornish_tiger »

As a Tigers fan and also a Chelsea fan.

I feel that Grant and Loffreda were very alike in ways, they always seemed to look unhappy, and never seemed to get on there feet and yell at the team what to do. Also they do kinda look alike. but apart from that.

Dose any one think that both of them was only brang in to there teams, untill both teams could find someone better ????
BORN CORNISH
STAY CORNISH
LIVE CORNISH
DIE CORNISH
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

question: Would we all still be ashamed and disgusted if tigers finsihed lower half next season after not sacking ML..??

ok i'm not conndoning what the board have done, but as yet we do not know if it is the right decision.. we have had plenty of people on here this season demanding success from the club.. now i am not saying they wanted ML sacked or even mentioned that ... but the club have aknowledged the fans supporters etc want success they have made a decision to try and achieve that next season... whilst we all would like to keep the amatuer ethos this is a professional era whether we like it or not... so whilst this may not be the corect decison we won't know yet will we.. until it either fails or not next season..
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

Spot on Kevf.
It's only cheating if you get caught.
Humbo

Post by Humbo »

This is the first time this season where i have been totally enraged by anything to do with the club. I can handle making any mistakes by players on a pitch, but the decision to sack ML has seriously dented the clubs integrity. Its even worse than when Deano left.
Andy Goode wrote the Bible, and Sam Vesty replaced Jesus!
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

The facts are there for all to see.

Q: We lost 2 finals this season....if Loffreda hadn't been in charge, would we have won those 2 trophies ??

A: We will never know, but the players didn't perform for 80 minutes in the EDF final and for 40 minutes in the GP Final, was that Loffreda's fault ?

Q: Loffreda has been at Tigers for half of a season, is that long enough for him to mould the side to his way of thinking ?

A: Most likely YES, but the extreme view will say NO.

Q: Was he forced out by other factors within the club

A: Yes

ML...you are better than this and deserve a club that will look after you and at least give you a chance, good luck.
BSimkin
Tiger Cub

Post by BSimkin »

We are not Chelsea. There is no rich Russian to buy success but a salary cap, it is far harder to dominate.

Success is important but many fans go for other reasons too, and the attitudes of a good many supporters were moulded in the amatuer era. There is no market for another football, the sort of professionalism that brings the managerial merry go round would only harm our sport.
BRCS
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

westwinds31 wrote:The facts are there for all to see.

Q: Was he forced out by other factors within the club

A: Yes

ML...you are better than this and deserve a club that will look after you and at least give you a chance, good luck.
Explain how that is fact? Isn't it just as possible that he forced himself out by using, as has been discussed in the press, outdated methods which the coachs disliked.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Sorry matey I think you're wrong there, and it is more likely westwinds is right. Certain members of the club, including some of the players had it in from ML from the start I feel.

Sir Alec Ferguson said in so many words to Sir David Frost in an interview shown on SKY that supporters and players cannot run a club, the manager has to be in charge. Unfortunately, at this club, certain players seem to think they can run the club. They seem to think they can decide who should stay and who should go.

Unacceptable IMO.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

The Tigers roar in the Heart....ok, I have no hard facts but I do believe what I read and hear from ex-Tigers players like Deano and Will Greenwood...when they say that something is wrong at Leicester, which they did in February/March time....I believe them. Cockerill and Back both had some influence in the removal of Loffreda...I truly believe that. Whether Loffreda was up to the job is another matter and something which we'll sadly never know.
Libby Melvin

What about the players?

Post by Libby Melvin »

My first visit to the Forum but feel I must say that I feel sorry for Loffreda and his family. Looking at it from the outside maybe top results were expected immediately. But surely a lot of blame must be placed with the players. They seem to be using the first half of most games as a warm up exercise. The word lethargy comes to mind! Quick ball is the name of the game these days but how many times do we see them doing it? Part of Loffreda's field of expertise is reportedly mind set. Maybe he could have got them mentally motivated and perhaps a new conditioning coach so they have more energy.
Libby
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

We may become like Chelsea in that some top managers will be afraid to come here if we get a reputation for hiring and firing.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!