Season's Top Scorer is....

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fleabane
Super User
Super User

Season's Top Scorer is....

Post by fleabane »

...Andy Goode, 207 points! Pity the awards were held before the final and the trophy went to Charlie H!
Valhalla I am coming!
CelticTiger

Post by CelticTiger »

So is Charlie H the first recipient of the Season (minus Final) Scorer of the Year award?
If it's entertainment you want there's always the Opera House! (Munster Website post HC)
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Charlie H only got goldne boot as more of Goodeys points were tries than Cahrlies i believe.
CelticTiger

Post by CelticTiger »

So God does, but the RFU doesn't, love a trier.
If it's entertainment you want there's always the Opera House! (Munster Website post HC)
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Taking the points from the final into account, Goode only finished one point ahead of Charlie Hodgson as 5 of Andy's total cam from a try & not from the boot. (The Premier Rugby award was the golden boot, not the top scorer).

Whether or not the RFU loves a trier isn't relevant as the RFU didn't present the award, PRL did.

So clearly PRL love to promote & push the idea of a Play-off final but don't like to recognise it in their prize-giving!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Awards should be given on the basis of a level playing field. Given that Hodgson could not possibly add to his tally in the playoffs, and as is convention in some other sports where you have a 'regular' and 'post' season, the awards should be based on regular season performance only.
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

Charlie H only got golden boot as more of Goodeys points were tries than Charlies i believe.
Did Goode score his try in bare feet then? :smt002
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Pete wrote:Did Goode score his try in bare feet then? :smt002

No, like everyone else who scores a try he decided to ground it with his upper body & not with his boot.
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

dailywaffle wrote:Awards should be given on the basis of a level playing field. Given that Hodgson could not possibly add to his tally in the playoffs, and as is convention in some other sports where you have a 'regular' and 'post' season, the awards should be based on regular season performance only.
What about injuries or players missing weeks due to International call ups? They don't get a level playing field....

Maybe Golden Boot should be awarded for most points scored from the boot per game to make the playing field truelly level
SabreTooth

Post by SabreTooth »

Maybe the boots worn should actually be gold. Wouldn't want to encounter any trade description act problems.

I am kidding by the way. Before you say it DA, I know it's not logical to play in gold boots. Nor do I need a breakdown of the Trade description act.

ERROR:ERROR: EHHH: ERROR: DOES NOT COMPUTE:....

Sorry. :smt032
Tigers are remarkable for their strength and speed. They are named tiger for their speed, because in the language of the Medes and Persians the word for arrow is tigris.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Tiger_in_Birmingham wrote:What about injuries or players missing weeks due to International call ups? They don't get a level playing field....

Maybe Golden Boot should be awarded for most points scored from the boot per game to make the playing field truelly level
Of course players will miss games, be replaced, yellow carded etc. However the point is that all teams play in the regular season, whereas only four play in the post-season. Hence its fairly obvious why performance awards are often based on regular season stats.