High Profile Depatures

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Brookfield

High Profile Depatures

Post by Brookfield »

Today's Mercury tontains a paragraph suggesting that 4 "high-profile" players have asked to be released early from their contracts.

Any thoughts about who these might be?
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Re: High Profile Depatures

Post by kornboy130 »

Brookfield wrote:Today's Mercury tontains a paragraph suggesting that 4 "high-profile" players have asked to be released early from their contracts.

Any thoughts about who these might be?

Luke Abrahams, Iain Humphreys, not sure who the others are.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Herring and Smith?
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Neither were under contract and by Herrings wanting to stay (and apparent negotiations begining) it couldnt be those two, unless, shock horror, the mercury have got it wrong.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I thought that one of the others was James Hamilton who had a year to run on his contract but wanted to move to Edinburgh and I think Tigers have now agreed to release him early.

Ollie Smith only had a one year contract and so it would not be early release for him rather a case of not accepting any new contract offerred.

I think the other was Andy Goode who I believe had possible offers at Worc and Brive but Tigers did not(so far) agree to the release.
TigerTim

Departures

Post by TigerTim »

Suppose it would be too much to hope that one might be Lewis Moody; who doesn't actually play for us, but draws a large salary & uses the medical facilities whilst recovering for his International games (or is suspended for assaulting a team mate while representing his country)? :smt009
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Certainly Abraham, Hamilton and Humphreys were released early. But these were already known about; was the article referring to 'old' or 'new' news?

Andy Goode would be the obvious guess as to the unofficial 'fourth man'.
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

Suppose it would be too much to hope that one might be Lewis Moody; who doesn't actually play for us, but draws a large salary & uses the medical facilities whilst recovering for his International games (or is suspended for assaulting a team mate while representing his country)?

Oh, Now you have put the cat amongst the pigeons ! :smt018
Our period of waiting is over - this is the time.
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

bit unfair for someone who does give his all, plus some, for the Club!!! :smt017 :smt023
ashtiger

Post by ashtiger »

If he was fit he would be playing every game.
TIGER
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Departures

Post by chipnchase »

TigerTim wrote:Suppose it would be too much to hope that one might be Lewis Moody; who doesn't actually play for us, but draws a large salary & uses the medical facilities whilst recovering for his International games (or is suspended for assaulting a team mate while representing his country)? :smt009
Yeah very good mate. Well done obviously talking out your :censored:! Moody puts his back side on the line every time he pulls a shirt on.
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

Do you think anyone wants to be injured, on the sidelines, watching tigers get thrashed and not being able to help out. Utter Hell. and then have to put up with comments like that. Sorry, but what a :censored:. :smt013 Grrr.
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

All users views should be respected whether you agree or not. Name calling and trading insults is not acceptable on the fourm.

Please refrain from trading insults.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
TigerTim

Thank you for attempting to introduce some civility!

Post by TigerTim »

Tigerbeat wrote:All users views should be respected whether you agree or not. Name calling and trading insults is not acceptable on the forum.

Please refrain from trading insults.
- Which is precisely why I have refrained from responding to the petty abuse!

Whilst I had certainly expected to provoke some "reasoned debate"; I am absolutely amazed at the abuse posted.

I thought these forums were for supporters to discuss their views & opinions relating to the Club that we all support - not just for a minority group whose views cannot be contradicted without prompting childish abuse?

I am looking to the future of the Club & whilst I have enjoyed a fair number of memorable performances by LM in the past; I wonder if he is what we need (particularly in terms of value for money) going forwards? This is a question I could well pose of a number of players, I hasten to add.

"If he is fit he would play every game" - Thanks for that revelatory conclusion, I hadn't thought of that!! And in which season(s) did that scenario occur exactly? - Never. And it won't happen next season either!

"Do you think anyone wants to be injured...." - No, of course not, but this is professional sport now (not junior club rugby), which our main competitors understand very clearly indeed. That's why they are able to beat us with increasing regularity, despite having notably fewer resources.

As you seem incapable of considering an alternative point of view, I don't hold out any hope of an intelligent response
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Re: Thank you for attempting to introduce some civility!

Post by kornboy130 »

TigerTim wrote: As you seem incapable of considering an alternative point of view, I don't hold out any hope of an intelligent response
Heres a stab at it then, unless you are insinuating anyone who does not agree with your view is not intelligent:

Lewis Moody is a nailed on certainty for 7 (or 6 depending on what you see him as) for Tigers, almost always England and could quite well be going on the Lions Tour in 2009. Lewis, quite frankly, is one of the few Tigers players currently deserving of the mantle "World Class". Injury issues or not aside - its not like he gains these injuries through poor technique or lack of effort - its through pouring his all into every appearence he makes, and, quite frankly you don't let players with such comitment, ethic and ability go.