Edinburgh

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

leicesterlou

Edinburgh

Post by leicesterlou »

Good Morning Everyone!!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I may watch Saturday's Final in Edinburgh!?!

My non-rugby supporting friend is kindly having her hen weekend there this weekend, and I have kindly told her that she won't be seeing me between the hours of 2.30pm and 5pm!! :smt001

Hope you all have a fantastic day and that the most deserving team wins (that would be us!!)
tiger7
Tiger Cub

Post by tiger7 »

pubs that show rugby in edinburgh are few and far between. There are plenty of decent bars that should have the rugby on, Sportsters is one of the better ones, its got screens everywhere. Its next to Waverly station on Market Street. hope this is helpful!
TigerTimmy

Post by TigerTimmy »

The one major plus you have this weekend is there's no football on so quite a few pubs will probably put it on for you.

I was up there for work for 7 weeks recently, I'd suggest you try the following...

The Queens Arms on Frederick Street (between George Street and Queens Street). Hidden underground, normally has 3 ales on and does good food too. They put the EDF final on for me (though BBC Scotland were showing the Melrose 7's so I had to make do with that instead).

The Cambridge Bar on Young Street (parallel to George Street, between North Castle Street and Charlotte Square). They put the Bath game on for me there, despite me being the only person that wanted it on. Also do really nice burgers.

Tuechers Bar on William Street, down in the West End also shows rugby. Watched Munster vs Glos and Sarries there. Plenty of beer, though a bit out of the centre.
www.myspace.com/polarbeauty (Random electronic doodlings)
ashtiger

Post by ashtiger »

All I no is that "Edinburgh isn't what it used to be"
TIGER
masopa
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by masopa »

TigerTimmy has suggested a few good options - I would definitely second the Cambridge as it invariably shows rugby when it's on (think it's run by Kiwis). It also does amazing burgers...

The Melville (I think) opposite Teuchters on William St is likely to have it on, although Berts next door is a much better pub - perhaps check there first.

The Granary at the Menzies Belford used to be a great rugby watching venue but they've caught the kissball virus and don't always have it on - it's also outside the main drag.

My preference would be those above in that order.