Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Nik
Super User
Super User

See No Evil - Hear No Evil

Post by Nik »

http://tinyurl.com/3qoaz7

Guys are we just not going to talk about this because the final is on Saturday and we are hoping the team hears nothing about it and remain focused .....

or

Are we in denial that the subject headlining

or

Are we going to discuss?

YOU CHOOSE!!
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
sjwoodman

Post by sjwoodman »

Doesn't sound like any significant news to me. Surely it's only right that they review all of the staff between each season and make changes if they feel it's necessary.
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

of course it is sj, they didn't announce they were reviewing Pat Howards position after 7 months... even Wellsey last longer than that!!
Goffer3404
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goffer3404 »

He's taken a while to settle to the pressures of games week in week out, plus more in between, with and without key players. At a club the demands success. (though there was a very barren period between 2002ish and last year!!!). To be fair, sudden death games he has fared better. Let's see after Saturday. :smt006
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Nik wrote: they didn't announce they were reviewing Pat Howards position after 7 months
They've not announced they are reviewing Loffreda's position either! Wheeler has given a straight bat answer to a question giving little away either way. The press have interpreted it this way. You need to start appreciating the ability of the press to create a story!!
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

sounds reasonable to me.. they would review after each season anyway got to make sure the club is still going in the right direction a review does not necessarily mean sacking's.. just make sure we have the best for the job...
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

Iain wrote:
Nik wrote: they didn't announce they were reviewing Pat Howards position after 7 months
They've not announced they are reviewing Loffreda's position either! Wheeler has given a straight bat answer to a question giving little away either way. The press have interpreted it this way. You need to start appreciating the ability of the press to create a story!!
Iain for God's sake it was a figure of speech which of course you just have to pick up. :smt015

Kev I do agree with you but seems strange that the Club are not seeming to be on Loffreda's side... if he is/was getting on this wouldn't have come up and if he was getting on wouldn't Wheeler's response be a little more 'he's doing a good job, we need to make sure we're singing from the same hymn sheet' not 'were reviewing'....
Stuart A
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Stuart A »

Similar article in tomorrow's Times. However, I suspect it's a bit of something out of nothing in the lead up to the game on Saturday, rather than anything new or concrete (no pun intended given our new sponsors!)

However, it's interesting that they also put some real numbers on the Caterpillar deal. If £10M is correct then there are a lot of football teams who would be very pleased with that sort of money - so we may be doing something right on the commercial side at least, let's hope we spend it wisely!!
Tigers; Number One Club Side in the World
scouse tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by scouse tiger »

Nothing new here, suspect its London-based press trying cause disruption prior to saturday's game.
My Wild Oats Have turned to Shredded Wheat
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Stuart A wrote:However, it's interesting that they also put some real numbers on the Caterpillar deal. If £10M is correct then there are a lot of football teams who would be very pleased with that sort of money - so we may be doing something right on the commercial side at least, let's hope we spend it wisely!!

Most media & advertising sources that have put a figure on the deal are saying £6million. The Times is the only one i've seen quoting £10million.
Marcelo Rocks
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Marcelo Rocks »

Non-story, I think. Just the meeja trying to make some copy.

Move along now, nothing to see... move along...

[Didn't we have a policeman smiley at some point?]
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Nik wrote:
Iain wrote:
Iain for God's sake it was a figure of speech which of course you just have to pick up. :smt015

Kev I do agree with you but seems strange that the Club are not seeming to be on Loffreda's side... if he is/was getting on this wouldn't have come up and if he was getting on wouldn't Wheeler's response be a little more 'he's doing a good job, we need to make sure we're singing from the same hymn sheet' not 'were reviewing'....
I'm baffled.... a figure of speech for what exactly?? You said they had announced it, I just pointed out that actually they hadn't!
Mr_Ben
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr_Ben »

Personally I believe this is simply the press stirring things up to make a story out of nothing.

I would be more worried about there not being a review of everyone's performance at the end of season, than that Peter Wheeler has told a journalist there will be one. Everyone I know has an annual performance review with their manager as part of their job, so why should Marcelo etc be any different?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

A review of the season would only be natural to see if there are any areas that we need to bring in new personnel.
Fitness and conditioning - this season we seem to have suffered more injuries that last season - Why?

Back coach - need someone to give some input and guidance to our backline.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
SabreTooth

Post by SabreTooth »

Agreed. This is just media :censored:

It seems that recently we've used this kind of rubbish to our advantage.
Tigers are remarkable for their strength and speed. They are named tiger for their speed, because in the language of the Medes and Persians the word for arrow is tigris.