Andy Goode to Brive ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

nenes
Tiger Cub

Andy Goode to Brive ?

Post by nenes »

Announced in french newspaper Midi Olympique today.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Rumoured a few weeks ago, albeit not widely.

Goode is, of course, under contract through next season. Which may or may not make a difference.
Gibbo12
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gibbo12 »

I really hope this rumour comes to nothing, Goodie's the the kind of person that Tigers should be looking to keep hold of IMHO. He's been at Tigers for years, and although his consistency can be up and down, he offers great experience and leadership to the team and has been at the core of the Tigers team for years.
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

Gibbo12 wrote:I really hope this rumour comes to nothing, Goodie's the the kind of person that Tigers should be looking to keep hold of IMHO. He's been at Tigers for years, and although his consistency can be up and down, he offers great experience and leadership to the team and has been at the core of the Tigers team for years.
apart from a trip to sarries!
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
Gibbo12
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gibbo12 »

... of course!
brooksey101

Post by brooksey101 »

I can see what you are saying but players move on in their careers and i believe this is andy goodes time to move on. And for the tigers to bring in some fresh experince and get some young fly halfs coming through the ranks they have the experience of mauger outside them to guide and aid them
:D TiGeRs RuLe!!!!:D
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Yes but its too early to get rid of all our exting fly halves which is likely to be the case as I understand both Ian Humphreys and Paul Burke are leaving anyway at the end of the season. That leaves us without a fly half if Goodey goes and one that is a sort of flyhalf. We would be in the cack as we need at least two very good No 10s IMO. I don't think we will be able to afford either Nick Evans or Dan Carter and I am sure Nick Evans will stay with Auckland Blues anyway.

Andy has been a great servant to the club and a lot of the constant criticism of him has been unfair IMO. He has seemingly never done anything right for some people. Yet he has the Premiership points record anbd got a few England caps.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

More than likely that JMH will be here next season. If Nick Evans does come too then AG will be 3rd string I guess, so maybe the move will be a goode (sorry could'nt resist the pun) one for him?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

simon redshaw wrote:Yes but its too early to get rid of all our exting fly halves which is likely to be the case as I understand both Ian Humphreys and Paul Burke are leaving anyway at the end of the season.
Iain humphreys has one year left to run on his contract - we would not release him without a replacement lined up.
We would be in the cack as we need at least two very good No 10s IMO. I don't think we will be able to afford either Nick Evans or Dan Carter and I am sure Nick Evans will stay with Auckland Blues anyway.
If Carter stays in NZ (which imo he will) then there isnt a chance of Evans staying with Auckland, he's clearly looking to move hence the strong rumours both here and at Quins. Affordability - with the right contract workings we can probably afford almost any singular player world wide at the moment.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

For what it's worth, probably very little in the big scheme of things, I don't want to see AG go!
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Jerry Hat-trick
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Jerry Hat-trick »

Are we seriously proposing that next season we will have Hernandez AND Nick Evans? :smt005
One, possibly, but not both! Reality check required.

Goodey has been a magnficent servant of the club. It would be a shame to see him go.
Jerry Hat-trick
Top Cat
Top Cat

I should add that should Tigers secure both JMH and Nick Evans I will eat my season ticket, plastic wallet and all.

At least it would make for an amusing explanation in the ticket office anyway.

"So Jerry, tell me again how you lost your season ticket?"

:smt001
scrambo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by scrambo »

hope goode doesnt go, i think he still has some learning to do and can still go far with tigers.

Mind you moving on to places new can also do wonders for players you never know maybe goode will come back like he did with sarries and im sure he will learn new things which tigers cant teach and then maybe come back here a stronger and better player?

But i like goode we should keep him! xx
Better to live one year as a tiger, than a hundred as a sheep.
Jerry Hat-trick
Top Cat
Top Cat

Well...

Evans has signed for Harlequins...

JMH is not even on the horizon....

I think both my season ticket and my digestive system might be safe for another year. :smt011
SabreTooth

Post by SabreTooth »

As long as we manage to get someone world class to replace him, I couldn't give a monkeys if he goes. He's great on his day, but mostly as useful as a chocolate teapot.
Tigers are remarkable for their strength and speed. They are named tiger for their speed, because in the language of the Medes and Persians the word for arrow is tigris.