New season ticket packages

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bad Wolf

New season ticket packages

Post by Bad Wolf »

Ours arrived in the post this morning and it appears the club is freezing prices at this season's level if you opt for a 1/2/3 year package.

Hurrah!
gman

Post by gman »

I dont remember a 1/2/3 year package in the past, presumably there is some kind of discount?

Is there any mention of HC games?
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

No discount, but there is a price freeze if you take up the offer (ie you pay the same price for all 3 years).

The 2 & 3 year deals are because the bank has required that Tigers provide evidence of fan support for the redevelopment of the ground & by committing to the club (via your ST) for up to 3 years you are evidencing that fact.

Plus, it helps generate cash flow ahead of the first stage of the redevelopment of course but the main reason is because the banks wanted to know that fans were committed to the club long-term.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

I received mine in the post today.

Condition No 7 of the leicester Tigers Season Ticket Conditions of issue 08/09 states:

The season ticket book allows the holder entry to the home playing venue for all domestic and european competition fixtures played at the club excluding knock out stages of each competition.

So there you have it, home HEC games will be included as will home EDF games. You'll have to consider and accept that whilst tickets for home HEC games will be included, that will only be the case if we qualify each season, and as there's nothing written in stone guaranteeing that people will just have to accept that there is a certain amount of speculation (or faith keeping!! :smt002 ) to be done.

It's a lot of cash for some (me included) to outlay for 3 seasons in one go, especially if you have 2 or more per family, but consider how much the season tickets would/might go up if bought individually each season and then maybe consider that a discount in itself. I consider the prize freeze to be a fair offer.

There is also an offer of paying on a credit arrangement but inevitably this will incur an additional small charge, but may make it easier to pay.

Naturally, thare exists a slight possibility that the new ground is built and attendances don't increase as much as anticipated (though I'm sure they will), therefore meaning that season/all tickets may increase (dramatically??) to help cover running costs, in this instance it would be better to gamble and buy for three seasons now, thus avoiding that possibility.

I'm a season ticket holder on the Crumbie Terrace so appreciate that the total cost for me to renew is, potentially, vastly different for those of you guys who occupy the seated areas. As I'm off to work on the continent for a few years this makes my decision even harder, requiring much more thought, as I can't guarantee making each home game and those that I can make will cost far more due to increased travel costs, but that's my problem not the clubs, and there's always Viagogo!!! :smt001

The benefits of being a season ticket holder, for me, outweigh the drawbacks, mainly the preferential booking for home cup knockout matches etc so I for one will be trying to find and justify the money to do all three seasons where possible, and the finding is far far harder than the justification in my book, but if I can't I cant and one season at a time, with increases, will have to suffice!!

And the benefits to the club, which is after all a business, are also obvious, security and peace of mind for current/potential investors, and increased cash flow for future development including playing/coaching staff.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

New season Ticket Packages

Post by mike »

The 2 and 3 year offers sound a good idea with the cost of the packages quite reasonable , particularly with the benefit of free pre season games included . My decision to renew or not , for 1 or 3 years depends a great deal on recruitment announcements before the June 1 deadline . St Juan or his equivalent coming to Leicester would help me positively in that decision making process whilst hearing that we were stuck with AG for next season would cause me to think long and hard before parting with the dosh .
pacman

Post by pacman »

Any idea of the price for Silver Crumbie seats. Times are hard and all that.

pacman
Rizzo

Re: New season Ticket Packages

Post by Rizzo »

mike wrote:The 2 and 3 year offers sound a good idea with the cost of the packages quite reasonable , particularly with the benefit of free pre season games included . My decision to renew or not , for 1 or 3 years depends a great deal on recruitment announcements before the June 1 deadline . St Juan or his equivalent coming to Leicester would help me positively in that decision making process whilst hearing that we were stuck with AG for next season would cause me to think long and hard before parting with the dosh .
Well, I'll be renewing the 3 year package. Husband will do the same. I'll probably only renew a year for my daughter as she'll be off to Uni somewhere in Sept 2009 and where she ends up will influence whether or not it's worth her having a ST. Yep the credit card will squeal but in the long run it's a reasonable deal.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

pacman wrote:Any idea of the price for Silver Crumbie seats. Times are hard and all that.

pacman

I believe that Silver STs are as follows:

1 year silver (adult): £325
(or pay over 6 months @ £56.60 per month)

2 year silver: £614
(or pay over 12 months @ £54.24 per month)

3 year silver: £921
(or pay over 18 months @ £56.03 per month)
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Are your next of kin allowed to sell them back if you snuff it before the three years is up?

Some of us are getting on, you know!
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

So if that's correct dave then 'Silver Seaters' are getting a reduction if they buy for three years?

By my calculations, from your figures (and I concede that you only believe these to be correct & you're not confirming) a saving of £54 if Silver STs bought for three seasons, compared to buying eaach season individually, allowing for prices remaining the same, which I doubt they would.

Now, I can't comment as my renewal package is for an adult standing on the Crumbie Terrace and only shows that detail, it is as follows:

1 Yr £245.00

2 Yrs £490.00

3 yrs £735.00

There are easy payment ooptions available, at extra cost, on this package too.

As you see, same price for each year, which I think/thought was a good deal. Some may consider it differently if it turned out to be correct that people in seats were receiving a further concession, and there was no proportional reduction for those on the terrace (even a nominal reduction would be nice, I am not saying it should be anywhere near the same as the prices are higher to begin with). I would imagine this will not be the case, but, if it is, there may be a few miffed people around!

It won't really affect my overall decision, as I said, I believe a frozen price to be fair, but it does seem a little unfair, if not discriminatory, and I'm sure that some will see it that way.

Maybe the length of time you've been a season ticket holder will affect the price, which I could understand, loyalty and all that. I'm a first year season ticket holder (2007/08) but by no means a first year supporter at matches, merely that this season is the first year I've had the wherewithall and circumstances to be able to justify and commit to buying a season ticket in a lump sum, previously I've attended as and when I can due to affordability/availability.

It'd be interesting if somebody could confirm your thoughts on the Silver seaters prices, this is purely an observation, NOT a criticism, as it is not based on any known facts!!.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Whitecap Tiger, the reason is, as you guessed, because you were a new ST holder this season.

The prices I gave were for ST holders for whom the 07/08 season was not their first as an ST holder.

I too am a Crumbie Terrace ST holder (of many years) & my prices are as follows:

1 year: £245
2 year: £442
3 year: £663

Therefore, like the Silver prices I gave above, my 2 & 3 year offers are cheaper per season than the 1 year offer.

The reason for this is that the 2 & 3 year deals have been priced by freezing the price you paid for the 07/08 ST (Crumbie terrace renewals for 07/08 were £221 each)

Therefore the 2 year deal is 2x £221 & the 3 year deal is 3x £221.

I can confirm that it's not seating people who are receiving additional discounts for longevity but rather long-term ST holders who are.
woutster

Post by woutster »

Dave & Whitecap,

The current season is also my first as a ST on the terrace and the prices quoted for the next few years are also 245, 490 & 735 so there is no apparent advantage for long term ST holders
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Thanks for that Dave Angel, that make a lot of sense and is fair enough in the big scheme of things in my eyes :smt001

I no longer feel discriminated against!!!! (not that I ever did really) :smt002
woutster

Post by woutster »

oops - so i can't read and compare numbers properly!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

We all have those moments Woutster :smt003