Team for Saturday Announced.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

daily Richard Cockerel said that Marco ould beback soon and it should be next week I hear now.
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Ben the Tiger wrote:daily Richard Cockerel said that Marco ould beback soon and it should be next week I hear now.
No point rushing him, but they were originally hoping to have him back for Bath. Losing our two best locks (IMO - Deacon, Wentzel) and having to go with an out of form Kay, who may well be running on empty, and a pretty battered Corry doesn't really enthuse me.
Still, we can't play half-fit players.
TigerTimmy

Post by TigerTimmy »

What's the situation if Ayerza has to come on as a blood replacement? Would Herring have to go off then too?
www.myspace.com/polarbeauty (Random electronic doodlings)
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

dailywaffle wrote:Still, we can't play half-fit players.
Yes, we tried that last week...
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
hughes

Post by hughes »

:smt003 Nice to see Geordan Murphy back!A true world class player if i ever saw one. :smt023
Do not go where the path may lead,go instead where there is no path and leave a trail for others to follow!
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

We're all clearly nervous as we get to crunch time for Tigers in the remaining competition. Man for man we are better than Bristol, we have more to play for and we should be out to prove a point after 2 lacklustre performances. Only a bonus point will satisfy the Tigers faithful...anything less and making the Top 4 would become even harder.

I thought Ben Kay had a great second half at Bath by the way !
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I think the side is equipped to attack.

Let's blinking well hope so, anyway.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
captain_insaino
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by captain_insaino »

what a back row. Herring who is ace at the breakdown and creating turnovers, Croft who has pure pace and is a great tackler, and Crane who provides raw grunt from the back of the scrum
TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!
01crusea

Post by 01crusea »

Why can't Herring and Ayerza be on the field at the same time? Too many foreign players?
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

01crusea wrote:Why can't Herring and Ayerza be on the field at the same time? Too many foreign players?

Yes.

You are only allowed one non-EU/Kolpak player on the pitch at any one time in Premiership games on non-international weekends.
Marcelo Rocks
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Marcelo Rocks »

Got to say I like that team - looks like an attacking team. Looking at it against the Brizzle team, there's enough in the pack for clean scrum ball and maybe something more as Crompton tires, solid lineout ball and maybe pinching some of theirs, and a good balnaced back row that should really get on top at the breakdown. That ought to mean a lot of decent quality ball, and the backline is a fine attacking line-up if they play to anything like their ability.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

westwinds31 wrote:I thought Ben Kay had a great second half at Bath by the way !
Two poor halves against Ospreys, one poor half against Bath, one satisfactory half against Bath (who by this time had not so much taken their foot off the gas as stopped off for a smoke and a nap). Overall I'd say his report card this season would rate a 'D'.

I think he really needs to pull his finger out and show us that he can still be an international class lock.
JCJD

Post by JCJD »

Ben Kay has been putting in a lot of tackles on the quiet, still essential in the line out, I am happy to have him there, but starting 3 in 8 days is a little harsh.

Davies is still a quality player, he has great experience and played in the Lions. Kayser is coming on very well too for a young guy. I think Kayser has it out of our 3 main hookers at present, but Mefin is worth a start given GCs recent glitch.