Didn't think Ayerza and Herring could play in the same squad :smt017
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

TEAM

Post by smalldell »

Surprised Erinle not in the starting 15.

Ayerza and Herring cannot be on the field together I believe.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Ayerza and Herring can be in the same squad but can't be on the same pitch. If Ayerza needed to come on, Herring would have to come off.

The only selection that really made me raise my eyebrows has Mefin Davies starting and Chuter out of the 22. Is he injured?

And I think that is probably our best back line available.
morr21
Tiger Cub

Post by morr21 »

I like the back line, yes Erinle is unlucky, and we need Mauger and Alex to really step up. I would love to see TV get stuck in, show us you can be the number one winger in England. Dont stand on the wing, if you do have a bag of chips to keep warm. But do me a favour and score 5 tries.

But being positive, our back line is really superb, and this without Seru and Ollie, J Murphy. For all the frustration and comments recently, we are still the top team in England.

Go Tigers.
apps

Post by apps »

should be a game game with that team i still wounder why we did't play that team on tuesday nite but still there a good chance we stuff bristol tho fingers crossed. :smt070 :smt067 :smt068 :smt066
TIGERS RULE WELFORD ROAD NO MAN CAN STOP THEM IN THERE WAY TO MORE SILVER
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

I'm surprised not to see Erinle starting, fine, hard working, player despite his faux pas and yellow card the other night, the way Alex Tuilagi has played recently, admittedly due (reportedly) to injury concerns, I would've put Erinle in ahead of him for this match, but then I'd prefer to see Erinle staring at 13 outside of Mauger as I think they have been most effective in small glimpses when paired up.

Not a criticism though, as I'm also an AT and DH fan, it's still a strong line-up accounting for players injured, and I'll willingly let AT and/or DH stuff those words back down my throat WHEN they prove me wrong with 2 (or more) tries (each please) and blockbuster performances on saturday :smt002
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Selection really worries me - this is a must win with bonus point game - the absolute best team available should play - is this the best team available?

Johne Murphy has been our best back recently - is he injured - if not he should play instead of Alex on form. Why is Mefin in the starting 15 - doesn't make sense - if George is dropped for his howler then fine the put Mefin on the bench and start with Bengy.

What is wrong with louis Deacon? not even in the squad - bizarre!
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

I was expecting more of a first/second-first team makeup here, but ML seems to have picked what I would say is not far off the first choice 15. Clearly not messing around with this one, I would have thought they want to go out, smash 5 points past Brizzle and silence a couple of doubters. I hope they do.

I like our back row makeup: speed of Croft, power of Crane and the fetching of Herring.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Unless Boris, Moreno, and Young are all injured, I can not understand the logic of selecting Ayerza on the bench,with Herring in the team, especially as neither White, nor Castro seem to be able to go close to lasting whole games. As soon as one of these goes off, so will our only open side player. Strange :smt017

Apart from that, a good team, given the availability. Let's hope we see a big performance.Would love to see Erinle come on at some stage and show us what he can do.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Johne Murphy came off, apparently injured, against Bath mightymouse and was reportedly on crutches afterwards/next day, whether precautionary or not I don't know.

Do agree with you about the Davies/Kayser selection, I've been impressed with Ben Kayser this season and would've stared him if GC dropped/injured (?) so I'm a bit puzzled by that one too.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

mightymouse wrote:Johne Murphy has been our best back recently - is he injured - if not he should play instead of Alex on form. Why is Mefin in the starting 15 - doesn't make sense - if George is dropped for his howler then fine the put Mefin on the bench and start with Bengy.

Yes I believe that Johne is injured.
Hairy Egg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Hairy Egg »

I would have preferred to see Erinle start at 13, he’s been unlucky not to get starts in the ‘proper’ line up.

I’m a big fan of Hipkiss but he had a shocker against the O’s (along with most others) and doesn’t appear to be quite ‘on it’ recently. Hope he proves me wrong.

However, I think Bristol are going to be on the receiving end of a pasting this week……fingers crossed. :smt004
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Agree with many about the odd decision to have Ayerza and Herring in the same XXII, one can only assume that Stankovich isn't fit.

Erinle is unlucky, and Hipkiss joins the list of players due a 'big one'. Alex T probably heads that list; his inability keep the ball in contact has been depressingly on show. The loss to injury of Johne is a worry, and I hope that Geordan is fully recovered.

The loss of Deacon (injured?) and continued unavailability of Wentzel bother me. Kay is also on the 'due a big one' list, will he and Corry be blowing out of the a***s by the end?

I can see a fair bit of reshuffling in the pack in the 2nd half.
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

On the BBC webite it says Corry is playing at No. 8?
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

I have to agree Iain :emb: (faint, shock - HORROR! :smt005 ) that I was surprised to see miffed meffin in the starting 15... we'll see!
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061