Woe is me - a pitiful plea

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Gate
Super User
Super User

Woe is me - a pitiful plea

Post by Gate »

Yesterday, I settled down to watch the EDF semi, having first set the video. I had set it to record Toy Story 2 as well as the match, before being reminded that there was already a DVD of Toy Story 2 in the cupboard. So I rejiiegd the timer to cancel the recording for Toy Story 2.

Later, I settled down, beer in hand, to enjoy the best bits again, especially the Castro try. Only, instead of John Inverdale when I switched the video on, I got Buzz Lightyear.

Yes, I botched the video setting. The shame of it.

So now comes the pitiful plea bit. Did anyone record the match, and if so, would they be willing to let me have a copy (preferably DVD that I could transfer)? I'll do the postage costs etc. and everything. Might even buy you a pint at the Quins match. Pleeeezzee?
johnh

Post by johnh »

Gate, have you tried BBC iPlayer?

I'm currently working in Libya and didn't see the game and iPlayer isn't available outside of the UK but I understand that they keep the programmes for 30 days after broadcast.

Let me know if you have any success because I'd like to see the game myself when I get back as I forgot to ask my beloved to record it (doh!).
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

It isn't on BBC iPlayer, I've checked. Not sure why, but it may appear shortly.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Humbo

Post by Humbo »

i really mucked up my attempt to record it as well. My sky box wasn't recieving signal due to the weather. If anyone one does have a recording they could help a lot of people as i know many who were unable to watch the match after having to go and see relations instead.

If anyone out there has a dvd of the match then they could either help a lot of people by just reproducing the dvd, or they could do themselves a favou in the process by selling copies of the match for a slightly higher price.
Andy Goode wrote the Bible, and Sam Vesty replaced Jesus!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Charity donations are acceptable in exchange, but DVD sales for profit-making are not encouraged on this forum.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Good point there, Mme Moderator. Tenner to the Matt Hampson fund (plus pint) if anyone can oblige, since the iPlayer is only offering ice-skating. :smt012
Easty

Post by Easty »

And the BBC want to be taken seriously as a provider of 'excellent' rugby coverage
To The Board ~ you have one season to prove you've got this decision right. More than you gave Marcelo
Humbo

Post by Humbo »

May i apologise for the suggested business idea. My desperation for the match dvd took me to an area of slightly risky persuasion techniques, however with the new suggestion of donations being made to the Matt Hampson trust then i am fully in support.
Andy Goode wrote the Bible, and Sam Vesty replaced Jesus!
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

I have taken up the offer of assistance from a gentleman and scholar known to some on these boards, so will shortly be sorted, and the MHT a brownie better off. Said G&S is sadly missed and we would love him back - no more than that shall I say.
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

Have you watched Toy Story 2 yet? :smt002
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

In the right light, if you squint really hard, Woody could almost look like Tom Croft. Buzz Lightyear, of course, is a clone of that foul villain Daollybogloo.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

"To Twickenham...and beyond !!!"
Moose
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Moose »

Was about to offer the DVD, but i see i've been beaten to it! Ah well, the MHT is better off regardless :smt001
Brookfield

Recording of Game

Post by Brookfield »

On returning from Cardiff I'm disappointed to find that my video recorder has let me down. Can anyone provide me with a tape or dvd of the match? I'll gladly reimburse all costs or donate to the Matt Hampson Trust.
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

DID NOT RTECORD IT

Post by smalldell »

I did not record the match as I assumed it would be on the bbc iplayer. If anyone can let me have a copy I will make a donation to MHT.

Have emailed bbc to ask why not on iplayer.