Aaron Mauger

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Sean H

Post by Sean H »

I agree - I think Mauger is a major asset to the team and he is really, really being missed at the moment. Where is he?!
Just loving every minute :)
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

He's injured: The team news for the game last week said as much.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Mauger was injured in a recent game, think it was the home loss to Sale, but may be wrong.

Reports I saw said he had broken/dislocated a finger/thumb.

Agree that he is needed back at 12!!
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Nells

Post by Nells »

I presume he had a thorough medical before joining, as I have heard some rather disturbing things about his fitness (or rather lack of it) during the last two seasons.
captain_insaino
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by captain_insaino »

dreadful pun there sean h
TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!
Sean H

Post by Sean H »

captain_insaino wrote:dreadful pun there sean h
:smt003
Just loving every minute :)
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Nells wrote:I presume he had a thorough medical before joining, as I have heard some rather disturbing things about his fitness (or rather lack of it) during the last two seasons.
He didnt seem to pick up too many injuries over the past super 14s if i rememeber correctly...
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

kornboy130 wrote:
Nells wrote:I presume he had a thorough medical before joining, as I have heard some rather disturbing things about his fitness (or rather lack of it) during the last two seasons.
He didnt seem to pick up too many injuries over the past super 14s if i rememeber correctly...
Well, its completely unsubstantiated, but I've certainly heard a rumour that Aaron came to Leicester carrying a longer-term problem. I just hope that the source is wrong.
Nells

Post by Nells »

What worries me is that my source is someone who is liable to know.

Having met several people who knew Stanko well in Albi to find out that he is a great player for about half a match a month, I do worry that Tigers medical tests may not be all they ought to be. I know some injured players are recruited by clubs in the hope that they can get them back to their best but in Maugers case I would have thought they would have wanted him to hit the ground running.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I have a smeaking suspicion that with Mauger this is mere rumour monering. And that resting him at this time will enable him to make a full contribution towards thge important end of the season.

I am more concerned about Geordan - who clearly was not rested by Tigers becuase EOS wanted him to "prove himself" and was then passed fit by the Irish medical team only to go off injured again. Clealy he needs a rest in order to figure strongly in two winning finals!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

With the greatest respect, there is only so much that a medical examination would reveal prior to a player joining a club.

A close assessment of the player's performance on the field and visible match fitness are far greater indicators of a player's ability to stay the course than medical tests.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

And with as much respect - load of b*llocks!!! Medical science would reveal through MRI scans etc any likely long term injury, as they would of Geordan's inherent problem.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Nells wrote:What worries me is that my source is someone who is liable to know.

Having met several people who knew Stanko well in Albi to find out that he is a great player for about half a match a month, I do worry that Tigers medical tests may not be all they ought to be. I know some injured players are recruited by clubs in the hope that they can get them back to their best but in Maugers case I would have thought they would have wanted him to hit the ground running.
Stanko did indeed have a bad run of injuries at the begining of the season but in his performances over the past month or so he has been DEVASTATING - dismantling tightheads - notably cencus Johnstone yesterday. Hope he keeps it up and defies the rumours...
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

Okay then Bill, you win.

You are obviously a renowned expert on assessing the fitness of players. :smt024

Presumably my medical degree, sports medicine diploma and 10 years as a National Division 1 club doctor count for nothing?

It is a commonly-held misconception that scans and MRIs can diagnose all problems. In fact, this sort of imaging forms only a small part of the assessment of an injured player or of a new player joining a club. Physical, clinical examination and performance monitoring ARE more relevant.

With the greatest respect, naturally.