Guinness (Not So) Ultimate Prizes

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

and how about some stupid motorised thing coming on with the kicking T?
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Can we have those fire things that shoot into the air when the players come out please ? That would create smoke, but not on the water !

And dancing girls as already mentioned and some really noisy drummers :smt018
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Kinoulton wrote:Bill, can you get your connections to scrap the competition and provide some lovely fit cheerleaders instead.

Thanks. :smt023
S14 on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opjyMl1C ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSVIAUEg ... re=related
Bruce Hornby-Trainset

Post by Bruce Hornby-Trainset »

How about a live band playing "Smoke on the Water" as the players run on? Bill, any connections with Deep Purple?
This year I'm on the Whisky diet. It really works - last week I lost three days!
Gibbo12
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gibbo12 »

:smt044 That second S14 YouTube clip with Simon Lazenby made me laugh.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

I've got no problem with the Guinness competition per se, it's just that they & the club try to pad it out & dress it up as something better than it is!

If they just announced that the winner of the beer was in Block ??, Seat ?? then that would be fine.

Getting everybody to take part in the charade that goes before it is just a waste of time & effort.

Can you imagine clubs that have a half time raffle asking everyone with tiickets to get them out and then asking everyone with blue tickets to put them away, then those with yellow tickets to do likewise, then those with tickets below 100 it's not them, tickets above 500 likewise, then only retain those people with pink tickets between 230 & 280, before finally announcing the winner?

Of course not.

...and for the record no, Guinness winners this year still only got/get 365 cans, not 366.
cooke-1
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by cooke-1 »

sorry but how do they select who wins?
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

cooke-1 wrote:sorry but how do they select who wins?
My understanding is that a deterministic heuristic variable probablity function is used, weighted with the noise value expression and inverse reponse factor from the various parts of the stadium.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
scouse tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by scouse tiger »

Is it true that a 'years supply of guinness is only 365 cans' that has shattered an illusion of one of those tankers turning up each month to your home :smt009
My Wild Oats Have turned to Shredded Wheat
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

scouse tiger wrote:Is it true that a 'years supply of guinness is only 365 cans' that has shattered an illusion of one of those tankers turning up each month to your home :smt009
<vbg> But how big is a can?
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

cooke-1 wrote:sorry but how do they select who wins?

Pre-match, a representative from Guinness chooses a specific seat in a stand or a recognisable person on the terrace (though the latter is harder so happens less often).

If a seat is selected, the club then check on the computer that the occupier of the seat is in posession of an adult ticket in order to verify that they are over 18.

This seat is then the "winning" one that all of the pantomime at half time subsequently reveals tothe rest of us.

Should pre-match checks reveal that the seat is not being occupied by an adult the Guinness rep selects another seat and so the ccle continues until someone over 18 is found.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

My understanding is that a deterministic heuristic variable probablity function is used, weighted with the noise value expression and inverse reponse factor from the various parts of the stadium

Like I said!!!!!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Yeah, well it's all a load of gonads anyway.

So let's get back to cheerleaders. Those youtube clips were FANTASTIC!

Quick nurse! Put the screens round Mr Kinoulton's bed.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Is the nurse pretty Kinny?

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007