Post by dailywaffle »

The shortlist:

Mike Blair (Scotland)
Vincent Clerc (France)
Ryan Jones (Wales)
Sergio Parisse (Italy)
Mike Phillips (Wales)
Shane Williams (Wales)

No surprise that there are no English, although very surprised to see Mike Phillips on the list.

Anyhow, click here to vote. I have gone for Parisse.

http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/10275.php ... 42406a52b1
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

daily, I'm with you...Parisse for me also.
Owly tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Owly tiger »

Clerc or Williams... I'd have to go with Williams, he's been consistent, and his move to scrum-half against Ireland was excellent, gave real shape to a team under the cosh.
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

Clerc or Williams for me too, and for me too it'll have to be Williams.
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Vincent Clerc for me... the most exciting back to emerge in the Northern Hemisphere for many a year.
banbury tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by banbury tiger »

Clerc or Williams.
Tigers forever ! Tuilagi Rules!!
Get well soon Hazza.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leicester_Tigers
cyRil
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by cyRil »

Iain wrote:Vincent Clerc for me... the most exciting back to emerge in the Northern Hemisphere for many a year.
He is an awesome finisher, but in this championship atleast he hasn't shown me anything that would put him above Shane. Obviously I would be biased, but I voted for Ryan anyway! :smt003
Where the hell is Byrne?!! He should be in the list ahead of Phillips, and on form looking the Lions 15. You Saes are bound to disagree, but who would you put there instead? If anyone says Balshaw I'm leaving! :smt002
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

did you see that picture of Parisse in the Observer? wow!!! he gets my vote every day. oh, am I meant to vote on rugby skills and impact on the 6N only?
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

No Martyn Williams?

He would be on my short-list with Shane, his namesake, taking the Title.

Clerc a close 2nd.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

cyRil wrote:...
Where the hell is Byrne?!! He should be in the list ahead of Phillips, and on form looking the Lions 15. You Saes are bound to disagree, but who would you put there instead? If anyone says Balshaw I'm leaving! :smt002
Byrne is arguably Wales' most improved player, although not really (IMO) man of the tournament material. I agree that he has at least as good a claim as Phillips; not that I'd vote for either.

Lewsey, ironically, would have made a 2008 Lions party as would Geordan Murphy. Whether they have enough gas in the tank to be in contention for 2009 is another matter.
down the brickies
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by down the brickies »

It's between Mark Regan, Phil Vickery, Andy Gomarsall, or Balshaw.

Blimey, I didn't realise I had an aptitude for comedy! :smt081
Form is temporary - Class is eternal
cyRil
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by cyRil »

dailywaffle wrote:
cyRil wrote:...
Byrne is arguably Wales' most improved player, although not really (IMO) man of the tournament material. I agree that he has at least as good a claim as Phillips; not that I'd vote for either.

Lewsey, ironically, would have made a 2008 Lions party as would Geordan Murphy. Whether they have enough gas in the tank to be in contention for 2009 is another matter.
Ah DW you're right, I'd forgotten about Lewsey. Something myself and Ashton have in common I suppose :smt002
DTB, Balshaw is currently the front-runner to win the BBC Wales Sports personality of the year! :smt003
burly bill mclaren
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by burly bill mclaren »

lewsey is a top player really a top all rouand test player goodness knows if its just injury thats get him out its all very odd ashton has lost his way

as for player of tournament its shane or ryan jones
probably shane
H E RICHARDS