Wilkinson dropped!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Wilkinson dropped!

Post by Iain »

Cipriani starts at ten, only change. Its been coming, he's not the same player he once was.

Bold move by Ashton though, takes some guts to drop the golden boy of English rugby.
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

The only change?! Dear god.
It's only cheating if you get caught.
Witto
Tiger Cub

Post by Witto »

A brave more on the part of Bashton but why didn't he go for Cips at FB and drop Ballsup?Just shows you how anyhow this guy is!
He could have also put Sindad in for his poor misguided team mate Vinakolo. :smt018
Never forget to keep in touch with yourself !!!!
All for one and one for all !
Glan
Tiger Cub

Post by Glan »

absolute rubbish - wilko was bad but balshaw is the worst 1 on the pitch i mean even wilko at fullback ( crazy mayb) and ciprani at 10 would of i wouldnt mind but balshaw wot is he thinking is going to happen, all of a sudden ronan o'gara is going to forget balshaw cant defend the high ball.

shame BOD is injured because him and ogara on the high ball i would of predicted 2 trys against us(high ball alone) and then ashton would be gone or balshaw for sure.
Mid Lander

Post by Mid Lander »

To keep Balls and Volcano in doesn't make much sense - the word scapegoat comes to mind.

I still think Ashton and Randrew are the ones who should go.

Maybe send Wilko to the sevens squad for a bit!!!
I really think Cipriani is getting to Wilko. Who knows whats goin on in his mind now.
Anthony
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Anthony »

One change is not enough.
Vainikolo should have been dropped along with Vickery and Balshaw.

Where is the development coming from?

I've long been a fan of Ashton's but I think his tenure is coming to an end soon. We have no creativity and can't even get the basics right.

I'm not looking forward to Saturday :smt010
Mid Lander

Post by Mid Lander »

Not only enough changes but the wrong ones too.
Chesterfield Chris
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Chesterfield Chris »

Another cr*p decision by Ashton. Balshaw is not fit to wear the shirt - Cipriani should play at 15 leaving Wilko at 10. Form comes and goes - class is permanent - Wilko is one of the few class players we've got. Never want to see england lose but if Ireland beat us then maybe...just maybe Ashton will go
tiger7
Tiger Cub

Post by tiger7 »

surprise, surprise! Only Wilkinson dropped! Didnt expect too many bold calls! Wilko is definalty not the only one under performing! I thought to myself a second ago I wonder what would happen to Ashton and Andrew if England get a good spanking by Ireland. But then quickly realised nothing of course!
Crumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crumby »

How much does this decision set up Cipriani though !!
Hairy Egg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Hairy Egg »

Clearly the rest of the team had very good games on saturday!!

What a cop out......and presumably Balshaw is now good enough even though he wasn't two weeks ago - has he suddenly found some form?? :smt017

I was hoping for a bold selection in a pretty meaningless game but I guess I should have known better. :smt013
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Prior to the Scotland game Dallaglio advises BAshton that Cipriani should start at full-back, result: BAshton includes cipriani at FB - we all know what happened there though. More recently former players, Brian Moore amongst them called for JW (and admittedly others) to be dropped following the Murrayfield debacle, result; JW on the bench!

Does BAshton have no mind of his own? (Rhetorical Question!!) - shame he didn't listen to the other player names that should've been dropped!

Bring back Spitting Image, Fluck & Law would have a field day with Bashton & Randrew!
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Chesterfield Chris wrote:Form comes and goes - class is permanent

You've got to pick on form though. I remember Woodward once picked an England team on who he knew to be 'class', rather than the form players and England got spanked. He then stated that he was wrong in his assumption.

Yes class is permanent but after the performance against Scotland (worst I have ever seen him put in) to have kept him on the field would have been as wrong as his decision not to drop Balshaw.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
RayDTuTu

Post by RayDTuTu »

I've no problem with Cipriani being called up for this one.
There is very little riding on the game so it gives him a chance to have a go without too much pressure.

As for the Volcano, I have a feeling he is being kept in the side for his future potential.
If he does begin to click it will be like having a Tuilagi on the pitch for England.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Re: Wilkinson dropped!

Post by westy154 »

Iain wrote:Cipriani starts at ten.

Let's hope he doesn't go out to celebrate... :smt003
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".