Garbage

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Sherpa2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sherpa2 »

sammy wrote:I would guess it might have something to do with the fact that so few people bothered to make the trip down the M5. I'm starting to despair about Tigers fans, to paraphrase the song (something with more than two syllables), we really do only care when we're winning. Where is the passion?
Now that is arrogant. Firstly I am in Los Angeles and still listened to the match over the internet even though it was at 7am. Secondly, not all of us 'fans' actually live in Leicester so every game is effectively an away game involving travel.
I used to be indecisive now I just can't make up my mind
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I'll have to take your word for it as i was instead at anfield watching liverpool and giving jamie carragher his player of the season award from our supporters club! But i would have hoped we would have beaten a side like worcester. That said we were hit badly with injuries and internationals, which doesn't make life easy whoever you play. I still think we will make the play offs, anything possible from there.
A_Magna_Malc

and the front of line out ploy, led to try

Post by A_Magna_Malc »

I too was there - but Tigers support was pretyy invisible in the middle of the East stand.

No one has yet mentioned (as far as I can see in the thread) that the first try against Tigers came from 'Waspish' possession at the front of a line out.
Do we not recognise the need to defend there?
The hurt must be burnt in supporters brains since Saints defeated us to end the 5 year undefeated league home record - and significant scores have come from the same source. Other teams do seem to defend there - can we get some tips to Backy as he is the defence coach please.

Our lines-out were a shambles after Ben Kayser came on. But we have a run of season defining, very important, games coming up - Sarries then Wasps EDF, Wasps GP and Bath.

But, to close, fair play to Wuss, they have developed a wider game now, under ex-Wales coach Mike Ruddock, and will be a force next year.
RayDTuTu

Post by RayDTuTu »

Sammy - are you going to question Iain's status as a real fan?

<rant>
I find the attitude that you have to attend every game to be a real fan unbelievable.
People have other things in their life other than Rugby, (Other intereests, friends, family, etc)
Their are a lot of season ticket holders who think that once a fortnight is enough during the season.
The other weekend can be spent doing other things.
If you want to spend every weekend at Rugby then that's up to you, but don't critisize others or question their loyality if they decide not to.
</rant>
scrum1/2
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by scrum1/2 »

We were there yesterday and I feel I must make some points in response to some of the comments on here. Firstly we were sat right in the far corner of the East stand and the people around us (a mix of Tigers and Wuss fans) were great company - plenty of healthy banter and laughs (despite the teams showing and the result). Secondly the team were poor yesterday - I agree that the only area we controlled was the srum - our line out was poor and yet again as soon as the ball went through the hands we dropped it! I have lost count of the knock ons in the last few weeks and this can only be down to either the quality of the passing or lack of concentration when catching. I also agree that the forwards seem to be hanging on to the ball as they don't seem to trust the backs - but where was the pace on the game - When Tuilagi got the ball at least he broke the gameline - I don't remember Tom being given the ball much at all and there was just no width at all.

All that said - we are going through a change and a period where we have had the world cup and 6 nations and also many injuries. I think we are missing Lewis and Wentzel - Lewis as he adds the "mad dog" to the chase and Wentzel was calling the line outs and since his injury we have been poor in the line out.

Wuss played OK yesterday - but we should be looking to win these games and without being able to win line outs (they have a good line out due to the height of the players) and without us being able to change the pace of a game we won't win many. They were better than we were in most areas and scored 3 trys to our 1 and that says it all.

I for one will be glad to get the internationals back and also the likes of Lewis but we need to get a settled team back - and I dread to think what might happen at the Millenium if we don't start to hold onto passes!
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

I wouldn't dream of questioning anyone's status as a "real" fan, that wasn't the point of the post.

What I was hoping to highlight was for a side who sell out a 17,500 stadium every home game, our away support was scant at Worcester, a ground very near to Leicester.

Dave, I was sat smack bang in the far corner of the East Stand so I wasn't sure who charged the kick down. I'll alter my original post. Brett Deacon was anonymous for 79 minutes.

I'm not of the school of thought that we won't win anything this season by any means. I'm pretty optimistic. We are playing some shocking stuff at the moment though. If we can turn it around we have every chance of winning some silverware, if this continues it might be a tough ask.
dangough

Post by dangough »

We are pretty shocking right now but look at how many points glos have lost over the last month. Other teams have slipped up when we have.

It will get better! Any idea when Lewis will be back fit?
shedhead1

Post by shedhead1 »

Hinckley member wrote:Sammy, we were not there because we went last year and did not enjoy the atmosphere. It seems to be too close to Gloucester, the fans have the same traits (soccer fans in disguise).
Shedhead1 here..

Thats not a good comment my old Tiggers fan. I havent come on here to wind anyone up or slate anyone here, but that comment shows what little you know about the fans of Gloucester and maybe you need to look in the mirror. I am all for good constructive comments, but that comment smacks of a brainless fan.

Good help us!
Crivvens
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crivvens »

The fact of the matter is, we're playing some shocking rugby but we're still in with a good shout of finishing in the top 2. Imagine if we were actually playing well...
Just goes to show you there are no easy games in this league, as we've lost a few games recently but are still up there.
Blimey...
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

shedhead1 wrote:
Hinckley member wrote:Sammy, we were not there because we went last year and did not enjoy the atmosphere. It seems to be too close to Gloucester, the fans have the same traits (soccer fans in disguise).
Shedhead1 here..

Thats not a good comment my old Tiggers fan. I havent come on here to wind anyone up or slate anyone here, but that comment shows what little you know about the fans of Gloucester and maybe you need to look in the mirror. I am all for good constructive comments, but that comment smacks of a brainless fan.

Good help us!
I think this sort of opinion arises because someone experiences one or two of the not-so-nice fans, and tars every fan of that team with the same brush. Obviously it's a generalisation, and I've no doubt people do it about Tigers fans too.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

Worc has a bad atmosphere are you having a laugh!

Worcester is a great proper rugby ground and there are very few of them. The noise only 10000 make often drowns out that made by the 17000 at Tigers. Thet are knowledgable and developing. Greta stadium great plans for the future.

Tehy played the better rugby on Sat they had runners who could make breaks, made amess of our possesions and defended ofr their lives. Fair play ot them.

Well done Wuss great game !!

Tigers wake up and start to learn to pass out of contact and how to make breaks!!!!

Brett Deacon is our third chioce 6 or 8 and I think had a solid game. he made his tackles and tried hard. No he is not goignto do a croft or a moody or a corry but then he is third choice if not fourth witrh Wnntzel so he gave his all a good club man. We cant expect 3/4th chices to be world beaters just solid!
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

sammy wrote: The Tigers support was pretty pathetic. Those few who made the journey did themselves proud, but Worcester is not a long way away. Where were the rest of the so-called fans?
I had to write something here to defend myself, yep we live in Wiltshire, only 1 hour away from Wuss but to be honest with you I haven't been well and was struggling so decided not to make the trip...

I'd have been there normally - standing with my Wuss mates making a lot of noise as I usually do.

Thought your remark was a little unfair...
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Nik i don't think sammy is saying that there is no excuse for anybody not going. What he is saying is that it is a shame that more people didn't make the journey up. I'll be sure that he's not asking for each fan to account for their movements if they weren't there! And for what its worth re gloucester, i found the shed to be an enjoyable experience, full of passionate supporters and good natured banter. Never been to sixways but if its like gloucester then i'd say good!
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Garbage

Post by mike »

I've been to Worcester a few times to watch Tigers and have always had a great time .Its a long way from Norwich and I really did miss watching the game but have had my ration of long distance away games this season ,many where our performance has been absolutely dreadful - in fact the Quins game was our only good one !