Garbage

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Garbage

Post by sammy »

Just got back from Sixways - what a waste of time and money.

For those who weren't there (I would guess the vast majority of the fans on this board) Tigers were awful. We were beaten up front, and in midfield we were slaughtered. Ben Youngs may have potential, but he is a long way short of being good enough to take on Premiership players. Ben Pienaar was anonymous.

The lineout was poor, Ben Kayser was worse than Mefin Davies. The scrum was solid enough. To beat decent sides like Worcester though we need to get rid of the anonymous, mediocre rubbish that is ruining our season.

I would start with Brett Deacon, the very definition of average. His brother isn't exactly setting the world alight at the moment either. Mefin Davies is old and definately past it too. Ollie Smith needs to move. Aside from the odd glimpse of good skill he looks like a player lacking confidence.

I guess you know its going to be a rough ride when you've got Matt Cornwell on the bench. Top bloke, but not exactly capable of changing a game.
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

RUBBISH

Post by smalldell »

I went and yes we were rubbish. I think you mean Tom Youngs at 12 not Ben.

We had not idea and did not put 1 back move together all match. We gave Worcester tons of room and allowed them to run at us. We created no room.

We are lacking a creative 12 - Mauger injured is causing us major problems and generlly we were a very poor second best.

The forwards held on to the ball to long because they do not trust the backs. Someone needs to decide when to let the ball out and I think Crane needs to wise up and learn when to off load.

We were rubbish last week against Leeds and the weeks before against Sale and Irish....One more loss and our premiership season will be over
notsoclever

Post by notsoclever »

Thank for the kind comments about Worcester. Unfortunately some of the other fans think we are National 1 level so it has upset a few of them to get beat today. Proper fans, (when you win or lose) atre always welcome at Sixways.
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

I was there and Worcester played very well. They defended very well in deed. There line ouit coaused us problems and they had players who were capable of making a break at pace. Garby made several good breaks becasue the team created teh space for him to to do it. Varndell didnt get a chance!. We are obsessed with the slow power game and have virtually no pace or invention in the 9/10/12 channel. We also have a vety slow back row so no support. Well played Worcester Drahm was on fire kicked well and made several breaks at pace. Worcester deserved it cos they were good. They have turned their season around becasue theya have learned to off load out of the tackle or before the tackle a s skill we are incapable of doing. NO pace no skills NO WINS!
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

The thing is sammy when you say it everyone accepts what you say.( not having a dig at you as you are probably saying what I was). When I say it I am called arrogant by a few because I object to the team being beaten by a side 2nd from bottom in the prem.

This is down to coaching IMO not injury or international call ups ( as the latter iMO is a lame excuse as we haven't got hardly anyone being called up these days.

As you were there sammy I won't diss what you say about Tigers because you have probably witnessed the dross tigers have put out for most of the season. I blame marcelo to some extent for not being able to right the wrongs and he seems to be putting out a different team every week.And therefore there is no consistency or gelling.
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

I was there too and although Tigers were poor at times, no way did we get the run of the ball against a very mediocre side which really lacks ideas and skill except defence, which of course, they have learned to practice this season! No wonder they're only just above Leeds.

We should have used the wind more in the second half though AND. although I have said it many times before, HOW and WHY should we have to play teams like Wuss when we are without are best people. It continues to be a nonsense and today, with injuries, we were missing 17, yes SEVENTEEN, players. Critically our centres would have made all the difference and, you could ask if it is fair on Leeds who are more seriously affected by this result than anyone. :smt017
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

embarrasing.

absolutely.

no offence to Wuss, but we should be beating them, we should also be beating Sale...

i hope we do well next week, otherwise we will lack the confidence in the EDF semi final :smt009
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

notsoclever wrote:Thank for the kind comments about Worcester. Unfortunately some of the other fans think we are National 1 level so it has upset a few of them to get beat today. Proper fans, (when you win or lose) atre always welcome at Sixways.
I think it was due to your "aggressive" attitude. There was no need to be so insulting. That sort of attitude is to be expected from a Football supporter rather than a rugby fan. :smt018
Cliffeclimber
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cliffeclimber »

Congratulations on your team's victory today, Notsoclever, but remember in the wise words of Rudyard Kipling:
"If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same"
You'll be a true rugby supporter, my son.

No need to gloat in victory, nor to find excuses in defeat. Just accept what has happened, and find ways to improve for next time.
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

I've had a little time to calm down now, and to reflect on the game a bit more. A few additional thoughts:

The Tigers support was pretty pathetic. Those few who made the journey did themselves proud, but Worcester is not a long way away. Where were the rest of the so-called fans?

Why the hell, with seconds left, and having lost the last three lineouts, did we kick for touch? Why not scrum the ball, and whip it wide and give Tommy the ball for once. The poor bloke nearly died from exposure out there. I can only remember him getting his hands on the ball once.

Where was Johne Murphy, Dan Hipkiss and Aaron Mauger? Injured? I'd love to know. Given the chance I'd have had Johne at 15, and Vesty at 12.

Was Brett Deacon playing? I still cannot remember him doing a single thing. In sharp contrast I remember Ben Pienaar doing one thing.

Why didn't Goodey go off? He was clearly injured, and when you've got a centre partnership so desperately devoid of flair, you need a man like Humph at 10. He needs more game time, because he really could be world class.

Why is there an extensive thread on England, with copious amounts of debate, and a pathetic one for the Tigers game. Who gives a stuff about England? I would guess it might have something to do with the fact that so few people bothered to make the trip down the M5. I'm starting to despair about Tigers fans, to paraphrase the song (something with more than two syllables), we really do only care when we're winning. Where is the passion?

And G mate, I honestly haven't the foggiest what you're going on about, but I don't consider you arrogant. An appalling pessimist maybe, but I'd rather read that than all the nauseating drivel some people concoct on here.
seaweed
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by seaweed »

[quote="sammy"]

The Tigers support was pretty pathetic. Those few who made the journey did themselves proud, but Worcester is not a long way away. Where were the rest of the so-called fans?

Why is there an extensive thread on England, with copious amounts of debate, and a pathetic one for the Tigers game. Who gives a stuff about England? I would guess it might have something to do with the fact that so few people bothered to make the trip down the M5. I'm starting to despair about Tigers fans, to paraphrase the song (something with more than two syllables), we really do only care when we're winning. Where is the passion?
To quote Ray Gravell - You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.

Owain Glyndŵr now he was a man of vision.
HerbertJ

Post by HerbertJ »

Yeah, god help us.
We're in the top four, we've got the greatest aggregate of supporters, we've let through less tries than anyone else, and we're in the EDF semi's

How can i restrain from crying myself to sleep at night??? Rugby as we know it in Leicester is clearly over.
English by birth, a Tiger by the Grace of God
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

At a guess g, although I find Sammy quite a sensationalist at times (he is after all a journalist), I'd suggest the difference was Sammy was there to see what he was commenting about...

Correct me if you saw the game.
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

Iain wrote:At a guess g, although I find Sammy quite a sensationalist at times (he is after all a journalist), I'd suggest the difference was Sammy was there to see what he was commenting about...

Correct me if you saw the game.
Moi? Iain....well.... yeah, you're probably totally spot on. I spend every day jazzing up some pretty dour stuff - it's difficult to stop myself. Although I stand by what I've written about the Wuss game. Not a great show at all.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

sammy wrote:I've had a little time to calm down now, and to reflect on the game a bit more. A few additional thoughts:

Probably either watching England on TV, not bothering to travel because of the weak side we fielded or maybe just having a weekend with the family in the middle of 3 home game weekends! I agree that there weren't many of us there today but I can understand why many may not have travelled.

Why the hell, with seconds left, and having lost the last three lineouts, did we kick for touch? Why not scrum the ball, and whip it wide and give Tommy the ball for once. The poor bloke nearly died from exposure out there. I can only remember him getting his hands on the ball once.
I agree about going for the corner. I was screaming for the scrum option as well given our shocking lineout form all game.

Where was Johne Murphy, Dan Hipkiss and Aaron Mauger? Injured? I'd love to know. Given the chance I'd have had Johne at 15, and Vesty at 12.
Yes, they were all injured. The story on the news page (put up on Friday afternoon) clearly stated that all three were not considered due to injury.

Was Brett Deacon playing? I still cannot remember him doing a single thing. In sharp contrast I remember Ben Pienaar doing one thing.
I'm guessing you got to your seat late then Sammy as Brett did something (worth 5 points)inside the first minute & was the only Tigers player to do it all afternoon!

Why didn't Goodey go off? He was clearly injured, and when you've got a centre partnership so desperately devoid of flair, you need a man like Humph at 10. He needs more game time, because he really could be world class. Again I agree that Goode shoud have gone off in the 2nd half, but I disagree that Humph "really could be world class". His defence is still too frail, though admittedly there were 15 Tigers players out there yesterday with a frail defence...