Cipriani booted out of the England squad for Saturday's game

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

manxboy
Tiger Cub

Post by manxboy »

SCOTS must be pis*ing their pants with laughter. Wonder how this will effect Eng team morale, 15mins late and you are dropped. Play like an moron for 3 matches ala Balshaw and you dont. Or play international rugby for 3 yrs and prove you arent up to it ala Hodgson. Play like an international fullback and dont get picked.

Hmmm.

Vast over reaction and sums up the small minded half wits in the RFU and Eng camp.

Scots to win now I reckon.

bet Wasps ala Shaun Edwards will play him this weekend.

Cull the RFU and take BA with them.
manxboy
SkippyTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by SkippyTiger »

*reads post*

*swears*

*bangs head on the desk*
cooke-1
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by cooke-1 »

I know 'rule are rules' but BA could have just given him a quiet word
He is only a young lad...although whole thing was comical until Tait or Lewsey were't picked.
Balshaw is complete rubbish...would rate myself better under the high ball!!!!
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Same thing happened in the Welsh camp by all accounts earlier in the 6N, Popham and someone else who I can't remember were told that they weren't going to be starting the match. This was also told to Henson at the start of the season, to knuckle under and be professional or get dropped
manxboy
Tiger Cub

Post by manxboy »

Wonder if Balshaw was late home would he have been dropped???

Or Ashton ?
manxboy
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

If a man can't adhere to a midnight curfew in the week of his international starting debut, then he doesn't deserve to have the shirt until he's learnt his lesson.

Balshaw is a terrible choice of replacement, but that shouldn't detract from the fact Cipriani deserved to be dropped from the squad. (And for what it's worth, I'm quite a Cipriani fan in general.)
It's only cheating if you get caught.
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

Stupid person OK it is understandable that he is going to be glad and excitied at being picked for the first time but you don't go and do something like that!
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
SimonP in Surrey

Post by SimonP in Surrey »

Consider what the England squad are now thinking. They are not stupid and I would bet a lot of money they have very little faith / trust / confidence / RESPECT for Bashton. This is a joke. Dont get me wrong .. Cips should have been punished, but not publicly . .the main issue is Balshaw was re-instated rather than 10 better choices .. and its obvious what the Scots will do (its all they can do by the way) and the weather looks likely to help them in this cause
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Can i point out something entirely obvious? Bashton was never going to play Cipriani!! he simply named him to get the press off his back, and set-up Cipriani!!! :smt023
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Exactly.

If you break a rule at work, then something gets said to you in private and you might get some sort of blot on your record.

But managers who have to carry out their discipline in public do so because they completely lack the b*ll*cks to do it man-to-man.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

But how would they feel if Ashton had simply told him off and then just let him play? That would not be punishment and the coach has obviously introduced his rules as he sees best.

I'd be more concerned if Ashton had laid down the law to his squad and then did nothing when a player completely disregarded his rules.

I suspect that would have had a more adverse effect on morale than doing what he has.
It's only cheating if you get caught.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Is there any truth in the story than the guy he was drinking with was Ian McGeechan?
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

Absolute joke. Ashton is possibly the most out of touch, bumbling fool I have ever seen in a position of responsibility.

OK, Cips was a few minutes late, but why not give the guy the benefit of the doubt? I would love to post something massively libelous about Ashton's relationship with Balshaw. So I will. Balsh must be a very tender lover, and Ashton must be a very desperate man.

God I hate English rugby and the morons who are in charge.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

sammy wrote:Absolute joke. Ashton is possibly the most out of touch, bumbling fool I have ever seen in a position of responsibility.

What a sheltered life you have lead!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I have to admit, though, there would have been more appropriate punishments.

100 press ups wearing a 50kg backpack under a cold hosepipe?

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007