Our web site spins news for fans

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

I rest my case m'lud.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

GS - TigerBeat and I may be Moderators, but I can assure you we don't get a shilling for doing it! It's done for love :smt007

Player news is due to be removed from the website menu, if it hasn't already gone it will be going shortly. Other website changes may also be noticed.

I am sorry if Grittson2 thinks we are patronising on here. It certainly isn't intentional.

Press releases are the best and most concise way to provide updates and team announcements I think. Since the forum is accessible to anyone and can be read by non-members, I'd suggest if any "frank and in depth comment" were to be made available, perhaps it should be in a members/ST holders only section. This works for a couple of fanclubs I have belonged to in the past. That way you could avoid trolling and wind up merchants.

I'd have thought personally that some of the comments and discussions we get on here are nothing if not frank and in depth! :smt005 but there's always the Unoffy for unmoderated comments I suppose. :smt002
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

Of course they spin it in their favour! Why the hell wouldn't they. You won't catch Hillary Clinton headlining a story on her site "That black bloke has got it won", would you?

The club will obviously want to spin the news to make them look good, every company does it. The main problem is that Tigers news is covered by the Merc, and only the Merc. A competitor might make a difference in creating a bit more news, but no paper is going to cater for Tigers to the extent that some of the obsessives would like.

Personally I was happier before I knew Paul Burke broke both hands - I was hoping he had just left the club!

Like everyone else I would appreciate a bit more news on injuries, but that's about it. We've got a big squad, so maybe its a smidge unfair to expect them to account for every single player.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Accounting for every player is one thing (although many other clubs do), but a simple 'the following were not considered due to injury ...... ' is hardly rocket science.