We need a few better players - forget the new stadium !

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

A couple of tips...

1. Don't go outside, you may get run over by a bus

2. Don't stay in, your roof my cave in

Either way, you can't win !
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Iain wrote:
kornboy130 wrote:
I do believe you had a few votes for the wonder-woman award though.
Being a male I'm not sure whether Lea will be too pleased about this!!??
thats rather extraordinary - isnt Lea a girls name?

and nope ive just checked the sheet and Lea didnt get any votes for wonder woman thank god - got one for poster of the year though.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

<vbg> did he/she vote for him/herslf?

No, no, do not tell me I voted for him/her!!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Lea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lea »

Yes I am a man all 6ft 1 and 17st of me....not a fatty ihave to add.

Thnks for the person who voted for me was it a vote for common sense? or Big Dai with his bottle of Remy.

Sammy we have locked horns and yes I do still think less about you than most nasty things in life.

Kornboy you asked me once for tips and gossip from my mate who worked in media in the SH I said no.

Tigers have the best squad in the premiership and that has been backed up by comments from other supporters
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Lea

KEEP THE FAITH!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
cooke-1
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by cooke-1 »

mike you're having a giggle right!
No seriously is this a joke!
Just because we have lost the last 2 games doesn't mean the season is over.
who won the double last year with basically the same players.
However, I do accept that JWH would add some spice to the Leicester way of life(sorry couldn't help the poetry!)
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Lea wrote:Yes I am a man all 6ft 1 and 17st of me....not a fatty ihave to add.
Nah! You are really a 5ft 2ins sexy blond . 36 24 34

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

The season is far from over. Tigers are still in a good position to get a top four. The standard needs to be lifted and we realistically should be lloking for a 5 point win against Leeds.

Still in the EDF Semi - can stil win it while your in it.

In 2 out of three competitions.

Games to come:
Leeds (H)
Worcester (A)
Sarries (H)
Wasps (EDF)
Wasps (H)
Bath (A)
Newcastle (A)
Bristol (H)
Harlequins (H)

Only Bath currently in the top four to play. I am sure that some results will go our way with other games.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Tigerbeat

Did you post that very reasonable post to stop me fantasizing over a 5ft 2 ins sexy blond?

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Lea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lea »

Bill W

You should have gone to specsavers :smt003 :smt003 :smt003
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

My varifocals do not work on fantasies!!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Lea wrote:Kornboy you asked me once for tips and gossip from my mate who worked in media in the SH I said no.
I remember asking but i dont rememebr a reply... anyway - i didnt hold it against you or anything - i wouldnt call it "locking horns". :smt023
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

I can only guess from what I've read of the match reports and from what I've heard from fans I've spoken to, that Saturday's tight-5 just wasn't up to it, against a Sale side shorn of Andrew Sheridan :smt022

Looking at the side it's no surprise we struggled.

Moreno is by no means going to last a full game, and the subs bench had Dave Young.

The bench certainly had a look of a Development Team to it. So it's hardly surprising we came off worse to a Sale side who are flying high at the moment.

All is not doom and gloom.

Julian White will be back from lambing soon! And Seru should be close to finishing his suspension too.

The games have fallen reasonably kindly in the 6-Nations window with Leeds and Wuss next.

I think we will definitely need to do a number on Leeds (like Bath did this weekend).

Taking 5 points at Sixways isn't going to be easy, as Worcester know they're in a dog-fight with Leeds and will be scrapping for every point.

With a bit of luck Eddie O'Sullivan will be true to his word and drop Geordan Murphy because - quote 'never mind Girvan Dempsey will be fully fit for the Wales game' (unbelievable if he does as Murphy was most definitely worthy of MotM on Saturday).

The one fly in the ointment will be Wasps in the run-in, as they seem to be able to get try bonuses without a pack at the moment! They are going to be very difficult to beat two weeks on the trot.

I am almost certain we will bottle it in the EDF semi-final, but as long as we do them in the league I won't mind too much.

Bath Away, and Newcastle Away are both doable, but we will have to be at the very top of our game to grind out the results.

Bath Away should be an absolute cracker of a game.

We have often stumbled at Kingston Park and this season could be no exception particularly as Falcons will be back to full strength.

It makes a change not to be playing Wasps the last game of the season! I think the home games against Bristol and Harlequins should be in the bag.

So I am fairly positive we will be in the top 4 come the end of the season. Whether we are at home for the play-off semi-final though is another matter, and depends on what the teams below us do with their games in hand.
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

Lea wrote:Sammy we have locked horns and yes I do still think less about you than most nasty things in life.
How relevant. Thanks Lea. For the record I don't know many people on this forum as totally out of touch with the Tigers as you. An opinion is totally irrelevant if its not based on fact, and I would guess that you weren't at Welford Road on Saturday.

I merely asked a question, it wasn't vitriolic. Hell, an informed response could well have thawed relations, as it has done with so many of the people on here who I have "locked horns" with in the past.

As for those who have used our league position to justify the rubbish that I've watched in the last few weeks, then you're missing the point of the thread. Yes, we are in a decent position, but the last fortnight has been horrible.