We need a few better players - forget the new stadium !

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

We need a few better players - forget the new stadium !

Post by mike »

We were truly dreadfull today and the performance of the complete back line was embarrassing . There was not 1 back that played decently today and I wonder just how much worse things can get . Goode and Vesty were almost comical at times and MacAllister waltzed past our centres at will . The front row was obliterated and probably only Crane , Corry and Louis Deacon looked the part .I realise that Loffreda came in part way through the Season but by now he knows the scale of our problems and by next season he must act , getting rid of probably half the 1st team squad .There have been too many performances like this and it is about time that Loffreda or Peter Tom gets a grip .
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Your restraint, Hinkley member, is commendable!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

I am very surprised that noone is giving any credit to Ben Herring. One missed tackle aside, an absolutely outstanding display of how to play 7.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

dw, I had Herring just behind Crane as MOTM. His work rate is hugely impressive and some of his steals were awesome. Good old-fashioned "7" and after a slow start is starting to prove his worth.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Did Waffle Jr. lose his Tiger again ??!!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

westwinds31 wrote:dw, I had Herring just behind Crane as MOTM. His work rate is hugely impressive and some of his steals were awesome. Good old-fashioned "7" and after a slow start is starting to prove his worth.
So who failed to enforce against them going over the top throught the entire game? Sean Davey was oblivious to it.

Surely this is the role of the back row.

It is all very well arriving and being in a position to win the ball but if you allow them to flop all over it the advantage is missed. A well placed knee or foot was required!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

westwinds31 wrote:Did Waffle Jr. lose his Tiger again ??!!
Fortunately not!

I have to say that Herring is really grabbing his opportunity with both hands ...... gives us a nice selection problem (re overseas) outside of the internationals.
Lea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lea »

Ok I am going to ask a few questions...

1) Bill W and Westwinds what do your signatures stand for?

2) Also the poster who started the topic should just have a little look at the squad we put out...all the Tigers starting15 today would walk into any Premiership squad.

It is a tight championship this year and any team can win on any given day.

3) Why are people only just realising what a great player Herring is. I was really excited when he was signed. I saw him playing ANZ Cup and Super 14 and he was awesome.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Alas I can only answer your first question an only then in part.

Bill W is my name. You want it in full? William James Woodward, father James William Woodward, mother Kathleen Mary Woodward (shan't tell you her maiden name 'cos that is the password on various bank accounts). From a bery early age I was called Bill. It has stuck. OK

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Lea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lea »

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007

This is the bit I meant.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Ah OK!! You threw me because teh others are Daily's nt Westwinds!!

MJLTAW 2007 = Martin Johnson Lifetime Award Winner 2007

MOPAW 2007 = Most Optimistic Poster Award Winner 2007

These et al were the awards run by Kornboy for the forum!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Lea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lea »

lol excellent... I didnt get any probly because our kornboy dont like me much.

I think we locked horns once...lol
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Korboy is just a little kitten!! Give him a cuddle and he will love you!!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Mike is the most negative person on here by a country mile. I have never seen a positive comment from him yet, and any criticism of the team he makes goes way over the top. As such i pay little attention to his posts other than for amusement value. I advise others to adopt a similar approach.