Castro's bandages

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Kirstyf
Tiger Cub

Castro's bandages

Post by Kirstyf »

Sorry if this has been raised before, but I've recently noticed that Castro's got writing on the strapping round his wrists and elbows.

At Italy v England last weekend it looked liked he had a list of women's names on there - anyone know what it all means?
GeddingtonTiger

Post by GeddingtonTiger »

I know its got something to do with his mum and covering up his tattoos.
Is offended that he is a senior member.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Geddington - i think thats his spandex shorts that his mum makes him wear during internationals - saying he isnt allowed to show his tatoo when on international duty. I'd assume the girls names are family names?
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

My understanding is that the writing on his left wrist bandage says "LEFT, WRIST" on his right wrist bandage says "RIGHT, WRIST" and similar for elbows!!!!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

On the subject of Castro's shorts, can anyone tell me what the shorts and tops that he and Johne Murphy wear are?
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

the shorts are by Adidas - i wear them and im also a front row forward FRUM, so they work for that, i assume the top that Johne wears is either an adidas one or a Matt Hampson Trust one...
GeddingtonTiger

Post by GeddingtonTiger »

Sorry my fault, i read what i wanted to read and saw why does he have bandages on his leg?
Is offended that he is a senior member.
Capricorn
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Capricorn »

Probably signed by all his female admirers!
Max_am

Re: Castro's bandages

Post by Max_am »

Kirstyf wrote:....
At Italy v England last weekend it looked liked he had a list of women's names on there - anyone know what it all means?
Well I don't know every single word ... anyway... "Olivia" is the name of a friend's daughter. She's ill and this is a way to be nearby her and to do her courage. "Nano" is a sort of lovely nickname for his grandfather. He is dead (2 years ago, i suppose) when Martin was far, in Europe. Castro couldn't stay near him when his grandpa was sick and therefore he feels "guilty". "Chango" is the Italy first-row mate's fathername, Carlos Alberto "El Chango" Nieto, one of the most famous argentinian folksinger. He's died few days before the beginning of the 6 nations 2008. One minute silence in Croke Park 2 weeks ago... I dont't know the meaning of the other names ... Hoping it's enough ...
- - - - -
OT:
Yesterday I watched the match :smt011 :smt012 (rarely some Tigers matches are programmed by Sky Italy). Probably you already know it, but seeing the name "Castro" on the italian prop's t-Shirt (instead of too-much-letters "Castrogiovanni"), everytime it makes me smiling ...uhmm...well...'cause in italian the word "castro" means "I castrate/evirate you". :smt003
Sorry for my bad English.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Castro" on the italian prop's t-Shirt (instead of too-much-letters "Castrogiovanni"), everytime it makes me smiling ...uhmm...well...'cause in italian the word "castro" means "I castrate/evirate you
Well I assume he doesn't mind as he must know what it means himself :smt001 He's certainly a player we've all taken to our hearts very quickly.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Angelo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Angelo »

Max, ma ti becco anche qua? ma guarda te...e ora non sono più l'unico italiano del forum ...hahahaha

To my english friends: Max is a friend of mine i have met in the italian forum rugby.it ^^ he lives near my city too!!!!

The world is little.....
Max_am

a little bit of Veneto in Leicester

Post by Max_am »

Angelo wrote:Max, ma ti becco anche qua? ma guarda te...e ora non sono più l'unico italiano del forum ...hahahaha

To my english friends: Max is a friend of mine i have met in the italian forum rugby.it ^^ he lives near my city too!!!!

The world is little.....
Ciao Angelo! Che piacere :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
You're right! The world is smaller than we think :smt001
My congrats for your English: it's perfect ...while mine is :smt012 awful. In any case, after i've met some wonderful Tigers' supporters in Rome, i've taken all my "courage" (closing my eyes on my linguistic inability - make the same please :smt002), I've jumped over my hesitancies and i've decided to thank them here for their ... "being so warm, smart & competent".
I''ve sincerely admired their match analysis and their patience while they're trying to understand my english stammers :smt003
Sorry for my bad English.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I think you both have really good English, and it is a pleasure to have you posting here.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Vorrei accogliere favorevolmente tutti i sostenitori italiani alla nostra tribuna. Venuto alla strada di Welford, mi duck.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Crivvens
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crivvens »

Agreed. You both speak perfect English - a lot better than some English people on here! :smt003
Blimey...