Moderators - We need them to be encouraged

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Sherpa2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sherpa2 »

Rizzo is probably the most level minded, even handed person (judging by her posts) that any of us if likely to meet so it shines a pretty poor light on us lot when things come to this! We should all, collectively, be ashamed of ourselves because even if we do not actively cause friction we all too often fail to stop it by simply ceasing to post on degenerating threads.

Rizzo, please don't go - the vast majority of us applaud your efforts and this forum will certainly be a poorer place without you.
I used to be indecisive now I just can't make up my mind
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

I hope Rizzo will see this growing thread as a petition in her support and forget all about resigning. As for someone privately asking for her to be sacked perhaps the worm would like to own up to it publically, there's a place behind the bike sheds where we'd all like to meet you.

Rizzo, please don't go. Its not your fault that there's often far more arrogance and testosterone than common sense around here.

Long live common sense.

Long live Rizzo. :smt023
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

IsraeliTiger wrote: P.S I may be slightly biased by the fact that Rizzo is also a Bon Jovi fan :P
Just more reason for Rizzo not to go!

It would be good to know who has reported Rizzo, at least they should be man/women enough to admit to it and give us a reason!!!

Rizzo, i have been a member not for long, but even the moderators have made me feel welcome, even if i did step over the line on the whole nick-names for goode and fmurphy :smt016

Don't resign!!! (you obviously have the support of the forum :smt003 )
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Moderators

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Whilst i don't post that often I read threads most days.

I have to echo all that's been said before about the moderators.

Don't go Rizzo. You do an excellent job.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
murphy15
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by murphy15 »

P.S I may be slightly biased by the fact that Rizzo is also a Bon Jovi fan :P
Actually, I heard that Bon Jovi is a Rizzo fan...
Ka mate, ka mate! Ka ora! ka ora!
Ka mate! Ka mate! Ka ora! Ka ora!
Tçnei te tangata pûhuruhuru
Nâna nei i tiki mai whakawhiti te râ
A upa ... ne! ka upa ... ne!
A upane kaupane whiti te ra!
Budster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Budster »

Rizzo has my backing.

But I wish all mods would jump on the posters who start the trouble by posting threads like 'where are the A.G. critics now' it just invites arguments, because nobody is going to change their view after one game.
Or being told you’re not a real supporter because you haven’t got their sycophantic views. They just beg a response, and then the mods jump on the reaction not the action.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

I know I am the biggest culprit for getting peoples backs up on here ( even Rizzo's) and even though we don't see eye to eye on a lot of occasions I do think she and the rest of the moderators,(even Iain when he was one) do a great job.Lets put it this way I certainly wouldn't do it.

Even I wouldn't stoop so low as to report someone to the club and I am surprised that there is someone out there who would do something like that.

So Rizzo don't do anything daft because that will only show the person who has reported you that they have won. I hope you seriously think about not giving up as we need GIRL POWER to remain here.

Chin Up and you have my support. :smt023 Not saying I will behave though. :smt002
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

All the mods do an excellent job. Rizzo is a fantastic port of calm in an often daft insulting sea on here. I don't know how she does it. Always reasoned and never shies away from pouring oil on the stormy seas. Oh I am loving the sea analogy...you know if Rizzo was here she would stop me, and that would be so good for everyone, but she's not so on I go...wave after wave of sea analogy, wave after wave... stop me Rizzo :smt024
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
chandler262827
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chandler262827 »

Would you be more spacific please TC. :vom:

I think from the tidal wave (bloomin' heck, it's infectious :smt011) of support, you can see what the vast majority of posters think of your efforts, Rizzo.

I don't post so much these days, but I do read the forum regularly, and I think you continue to do an outstanding job.
---------
I'm not completely worthless, I can be used as a bad example.

Tom
JonJon
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by JonJon »

Like a few others on this thread I'm a frequent reader of the board but a rare poster.
I find it hard to believe that people can get so mardy about something that is, essentially, a bit of fun, and want to run someone out of town who is doing a voluntary job perfectly competently and with a very deft touch.

Makes me wonder about the muddled priorities that some people have.

Hohum, back to my watching brief. Don't go Rizzo, I particularly enjoy The Mothers' contributions.
Some dodgy cod philosophy
From an old punk song
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

Rizzo has everyone's support, but this is getting more than a little tiresome. Either resign or don't. By posting that you are considering resigning you're effectively screaming "love me" to anyone and everyone.

I'm sure Rizzo knows how well respected and liked she is, but at the end of the day we're talking about an internet messageboard. It's all so school-yard, who reported who to the club, clandestine PMing. It's almost enough to make me cry.

I don't post on here anywhere near as much as I used to because of the OTT moderation, but I get on with it and every now and then I stick my oar in. It doesn't bother me. Life goes on. There will be other moderators because, quite frankly, who on earth would want to stay doing that for any length of time. You have to be very thick skinned.

So Rizzo, best wishes, hope you stay, but lets get a little perspective.

The lads have a massive game tomorrow against Edinburgh. Lets focus on that - it is much, much more important.
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Quite ridiculous that it should come to this. I post on this forum less than I used to because of the complete arsiness of some of the posters and consequently for the good of my blood pressure. The moderating is not a factor, and IMHO is perfectly good and always has been. You want OTT moderation, try the laughable England supporters' board on Sportnetwork and learn what it really means.

Rizzo may have a blind spot when it comes to Bon Jovi (on whom I hold the Beavis and Butthead point of view), but she is also a fan of Alex Harvey. Mods with such taste and discretion are rare and precious gems to be cherished.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Thank you for the supportive messages, both here and privately, but I definitely did not want to start a love-in! I am not going to keep this going (for one thing it will - and obviously has - irritated some posters already!). I am going to lock it, and please, don't think I don't appreciate your support, I do, but I am now going to remove the announcement and let this die a death.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother