Cockers is only saying what I think all realists know

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_u ... 169609.stm
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Re: He is only saying what I think we all know

Post by kornboy130 »

Chobbsy wrote:Cockers is only saying what I think anyone with a GCSE in maths or a slight bit of intuition knows

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_u ... 169609.stm
fixed that for you.
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

so are you saying we should side a weakened team against edinburgh and leinster?

maybe we are all but out but, while their is a slim chance we should fight for it.... no one gave us a chance against munster last year...
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

We will keep fghting until it is mathematically impossible. Then we'll whinge and complain and somehow convince ourselves that it is Dayglo's fault.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

actually im thinking about the pools lay out - the fact that (practically) 2 of leinster, toulouse and tigers won't go through, and 3 of Clermont, Wasps, Munster and Llanelli won't go through is outrageous.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Cockers is only saying what I think anyone with a GCSE in maths
I dont have a GCSE in maths, mainly because i dont take it until June, and i can work it out.

We will go out fighting, and then win the double again just to show everybody we're still around :smt003
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
TigerScrums
Gold Member
Gold Member
Location: Staffordshire - Or more favourably half way up the Crumbie Terrace behind the Tigers bench!!

Post by TigerScrums »

I still have issues with the way we were (not) seeded.

Finish second (hate saying that)last year yet get such an easy group as we have!

We were never goning to have an easy year with world cups, new coaches, new players, injuries, blah, blah, blah.

I would rather try and concentrate on the premiership & building a squad that can play well together and look forwards to meeting Gloucester in teh Premiership final again!
Come on Tigers!!!
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cockerill is only saying what I think we all know

Post by mike »

Delighted that he is being reallistic . When I suggested the same thing after the Toulouse defeat the wails of derision from the happy clappy brigade were deafening ! . We should now concentrate our resources on the league - we have a good chance of getting a top 2 spot if we pull our fingers out ,particularly as we won't be hit too hard by England callups - perhaps Kay ,Moody , Chuter - all covered adequately .I still don't think we have the firepower to beat Wasps in the EDF Semi but at least we should get next years HC place sorted with a decent league position .
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Re: Cockerill is only saying what I think we all know

Post by kornboy130 »

mike wrote:Delighted that he is being reallistic . When I suggested the same thing after the Toulouse defeat the wails of derision from the happy clappy brigade were deafening ! . We should now concentrate our resources on the league - we have a good chance of getting a top 2 spot if we pull our fingers out ,particularly as we won't be hit too hard by England callups - perhaps Kay ,Moody , Chuter - all covered adequately .I still don't think we have the firepower to beat Wasps in the EDF Semi but at least we should get next years HC place sorted with a decent league position .
maybe you're just part of the mopey dropey brigade?
Budster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Budster »

Mike said
When I suggested the same thing after the Toulouse defeat the wails of derision from the happy clappy brigade were deafening !

Totally agree. Their like soppy little girls who live in fairy land and can't take the real world, then they keep wheeling out the maddeningly stupid ' keep the faith'.
I see no-one has shouted down Cockerill & Chuter is it because they wear rugby boots for a living so must be worshiped.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

BE OPTIMISTIC!!!!

of course Cockers is gonna say that, he wants to soften the blow, ill be very upset if we dont still go all out for a place in the quaters

Now, we can beat Wasps, we all no that, and have done in the league so far this season. We WILL win the league, We WILL get the double, so in the words of Bill:

Keep The Faith
Richard Burnett
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Budster wrote:Mike said
When I suggested the same thing after the Toulouse defeat the wails of derision from the happy clappy brigade were deafening !

Totally agree. Their like soppy little girls who live in fairy land and can't take the real world, then they keep wheeling out the maddeningly stupid ' keep the faith'.
I see no-one has shouted down Cockerill & Chuter is it because they wear rugby boots for a living so must be worshiped.
OMG! how is keeping the faith stupid! Excuse us for having faith in our players, how about u have some as well!!!
Richard Burnett
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

I hope Loffreda ripped him a new backside for saying that........ if I had purchased tickets for the remainder of the matches I'd be asking for a refund - when a coach shows that he has no faith then :censored: nora what the heck is saying about the team!
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

kevf wrote:so are you saying we should side a weakened team against edinburgh and leinster?

maybe we are all but out but, while their is a slim chance we should fight for it.... no one gave us a chance against munster last year...
I don't think its that clear exactly what our 'weakest' and 'strongest' XV's actually are.

Kayser or Chuter?
White or Castro?
Wentzel or Kay?
Croft or Corry or Crane?
Murphy or Laussucq?
Goode or Burke or Humphreys?
Ollie or Hipkiss?
and so on

Leicester have a far greater chance of making the playoffs in the GP than in the HEC. I personally don't believe that its a case of prioritising one over the other, but if one had to then the GP should now come first.
Budster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Budster »

Apparently you can lock threads if your bored.
LOCK IT !!!!